OT: Summer movie thread | The Boneyard

OT: Summer movie thread

Reaction Score
So what movie are you guys looking forward to the most this summer? I just took my niece and nephew to see Avengers 2:confused: Terrible!

The film im most looking forward to is MAD MAX : FURY ROAD. Balls to the wall action,psychos all over the place,Charlize Theron,Rated R and of course A GUY WITH A GUITAR FLAME THROWER!!!:)

Reaction Score
The film im most looking forward to is MAD MAX : FURY ROAD. Balls to the wall action,psychos all over the place,Charlize Theron,Rated R and of course A GUY WITH A GUITAR FLAME THROWER!!!:)

Love the originals and also like Tom Hardy. Its been a terrible year for movies so far. I'm just about to watch It Follows right now, which is supposed to be good. How soon is Tarrantino's Hateful Eight going to be out? Other than that Star Wars (December), maybe Entourage and Ted 2, not much to look forward to.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not that I didn't kind of like Ted... but there is a Ted 2?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
what? i thought the avengers was really good... much better than the first... i also want to see jurassic world, tomorrow land maybe, san andreas, mission impossible and south paw as of now... still looking for some ones that i say to myself, i have to see that... jurassic world, mission impossible, and south paw may be that as of now

Reaction Score
Kind of interested in the Vacation reboot with Ed Helms as a grown up Rusty Griswold, but it will probably be a let down.

Reaction Score
what? i thought the avengers was really good... much better than the first... i also want to see jurassic world, tomorrow land maybe, san andreas, mission impossible and south paw as of now... still looking for some ones that i say to myself, i have to see that... jurassic world, mission impossible, and south paw may be that as of now

Glad you enjoyed it. I did not. Much better than the first?:confused:

Reaction Score
Kind of interested in the Vacation reboot with Ed Helms as a grown up Rusty Griswold, but it will probably be a let down.
What?!!! Just your description sounds hilarious! I hadnt heard of that till reading your post.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
So what movie are you guys looking forward to the most this summer? I just took my niece and nephew to see Avengers 2:confused: Terrible!

I am stoked for Mad Max. The trailers look so delightfully insane.

Reaction Score
What?!!! Just your description sounds hilarious! I hadnt heard of that till reading your post.
Actually, after I said that, I noticed that the red band trailer had been released:

Reaction Score
My DVR's of six games from the 2013 NCAA tourney. :)

Reaction Score

Good Hollywood action movies are hard to come by these days, since they try to squeeze everything into a PG-13 rating. At the risk of sounding like a snob, I'll say that I've enjoyed Asian action movies a lot more in recent years. The Raid: Redemption and The Raid 2: Berendal are probably the two best action movies of the last 5 years. If you like hardcore action movies, check those out.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Actually, after I said that, I noticed that the red band trailer had been released:

I pretty much thought that would suck, until I saw the trailer.

Reaction Score
Good Hollywood action movies are hard to come by these days, since they try to squeeze everything into a PG-13 rating. At the risk of sounding like a snob, I'll say that I've enjoyed Asian action movies a lot more in recent years. The Raid: Redemption and The Raid 2: Berendal are probably the two best action movies of the last 5 years. If you like hardcore action movies, check those out.

The Raid's are sick. Of course there's the Tony Ja predecessor era too. Also check Merentau, Ajeossi and A Bitter Sweet Life.

Reaction Score
The Raid's are sick. Of course there's the Tony Ja predecessor era too. Also check Merentau, Ajeossi and A Bitter Sweet Life.

LOVED Ajeossi (though I knew it as The Man From Nowhere), and I'll definitely check out the other two. Thanks!

Reaction Score

I fully expect a let down there, why are they remaking every great 80s-90s movie with Ed helms in it??

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score

Both of the Raid movies are fantastic. I hate reading during movies (subtitles) but for those I didn't care.

Reaction Score
Both of the Raid movies are fantastic. I hate reading during movies (subtitles) but for those I didn't care.

I put on the Raid once (admittedly while a little impaired) and forgot to turn on the subtitles. I didn't notice for about 30 minutes that I didn't know what anyone was saying because that movie has the thinnest plot of all-time, in the best possible way. It's just a vague justification for "we have to go in this building and kick like a thousand dudes to death."

Netflix has been a boon for this stuff. They're always carrying like 10 Donnie Yen movies. If you haven't seen Flashpoint, you should check it out. It's one of the best HK actioners I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
I put on the Raid once (admittedly while a little impaired) and forgot to turn on the subtitles. I didn't notice for about 30 minutes that I didn't know what anyone was saying because that movie has the thinnest plot of all-time, in the best possible way. It's just a vague justification for "we have to go in this building and kick like a thousand dudes to death."

Netflix has been a boon for this stuff. They're always carrying like 10 Donnie Yen movies. If you haven't seen Flashpoint, you should check it out. It's one of the best HK actioners I've ever seen.
Haven't seen either Raid yet but they're on my list. Your description, though, sounds like the Judge Dredd movie from 2012. I really liked that movie.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen either Raid yet but they're on my list. Your description, though, sounds like the Judge Dredd movie from 2012. I really liked that movie.

Yeah, there are a lot of similarities. When I saw Dredd (which I LOVED), my first reaction was that it was really similar to the first Raid movie. Like, really similar. The second one is more involved, and has a fuller plot, but they didn't lose any of the insane action.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom