OT- Stealing from Chipotle | The Boneyard

OT- Stealing from Chipotle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is it stealing if I take home the Tobasco Chipotle Sauce every time I get a burrito? I thought it was, and I kind of felt bad about it, but they don't have a to-g0 tobasco sauce packets...

Thoughts?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
So now you have a bunch of Tabasco Chipotle bottles at home? Use your head.

Reaction Score
First time in a Chipotle was yesterday, I wish I had been warned to stay away from carnitas/steak. Inedible.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I am going to give everyone here my cell phone number.

Whenever you come to a major life decision such as this, you can call me.

But just understand that you'll get a one word answer and then I'll hang up. I don't really like small talk and you need to get started putting my life guidance into practice anyway.

Reaction Score
Why not just take one bottle and use it the other times? Do you throw the bottle out every time? We go often at our office. One guy did take a bottle and we use it. I do take extra plastic ware each time. They have much better stuff than our other local joints.

They do have little containers and tops near the hot sauces.

Reaction Score
upstater said:
First time in a Chipotle was yesterday, I wish I had been warned to stay away from carnitas/steak. Inedible.

I warned you months ago. Moe's is better but I go vegetarian in both. Just stick to beans for protein in these places.

Reaction Score
Anna's is the gold standard of mission style burritos. I would duel a man who disagreed.

Reaction Score
Is it stealing if I take home the Tobasco Chipotle Sauce every time I get a burrito? I thought it was, and I kind of felt bad about it, but they don't have a to-g0 tobasco sauce packets...

Thoughts?
My old advertising prof use to say if it's got the establishments name and number on It , and it's not nailed down its fair game as advertising.
Than again I think he was later busted ,something about 100lbs of MJ. Maybe not the epitome of a moral example.

Reaction Score
My thought on this is that if the grey area is making you uncertain - next time you grab the Tabasco bottle, you can either put it back where you found it, or hit the cashier over the head with it and take the contents of the register.

Now there's no philosophical debate, and you will sleep easy either way.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

Thoughts?
I asked Jameis Winston about this and he said it's okay, he does it all the time.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I see. Next time, order the carnitas that are made out of pork.

Reaction Score
I see. Next time, order the carnitas that are made out of pork.

Sometimes you have to go against tradition. But... lesson learned. Ain't ever having the pork there either.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Other items worth stealing- The flavored Syrups at IHOP , any high end steak sauces from your favorite steak house . For college students and people on tight budgets , bring Tupper Ware , foil and plastic wrap to buffets and all u can eat restaurants. My parents were masters at Buffet alchemy. Also , Wendy's has the absolute best plastic cutlery money can buy. Go in and buy items off their dollar menu but take at least $3 in plastic forks, spoons and knives. Beautiful !!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sometimes you have to go against tradition. But... lesson learned. Ain't ever having the pork there either.
I've been to Chipotle well over 200 times (my kids love it) and only once can I say I had a bad experience. The carnitas there is pork. Maybe you expected it to be steak which is why you thought it was inedible? From their web site:
Carnitas
Naturally raised pork braised with thyme, bay, juniper berries and cracked black pepper.

The steak is, well, steak. From their web site.
Grilled Steak
Marinated in our spicy, smoky chipotle-chili adobo.

I usually get the chicken. I've tried the carnitas a few times and it's kind of dry.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Anna's is the gold standard of mission style burritos. I would duel a man who disagreed.
Blasphemy. The gold standard is El Faro in SF. the rest are pretenders. I was lucky enough to work within walking distance for three years and weep for those that think chipotle, moe's or Anna's are mission style burritos.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Blasphemy. The gold standard is El Faro in SF. the rest are pretenders. I was lucky enough to work within walking distance for three years and weep for those that think chipotle, moe's or Anna's are mission style burritos.
When I lived in SF in '89/'90 Gordo Taqueria was our go-to (the one in the Richmond). They still around?

Reaction Score
I've been to Chipotle well over 200 times (my kids love it) and only once can I say I had a bad experience. The carnitas there is pork. Maybe you expected it to be steak which is why you thought it was inedible? From their web site:
Carnitas
Naturally raised pork braised with thyme, bay, juniper berries and cracked black pepper.

The steak is, well, steak. From their web site.
Grilled Steak
Marinated in our spicy, smoky chipotle-chili adobo.

I usually get the chicken. I've tried the carnitas a few times and it's kind of dry.

It was my first time. I ordered the steak. Carnitas can be steak and pork. It's traditionally pork in Mexico but all over the states, Mexican restaurants do steak and even beef carnitas. Carnitas just means little pieces of meat. In Mexico and Spain, pork is the most popular meat, but in the USA, I often see steak carnitas. I ordered the steak at Chipotle and it was inedible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom