OT: Sox announcer Orsillo to..... | The Boneyard

OT: Sox announcer Orsillo to.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
San Diego Padres. I read this morning that Orsillo is about to sign a multi-year deal
to be their lead TV announcer. Good for him!

Reaction Score
I agree especially after the way NESN handled the situation.

Reaction Score
I actually feel bad for Orsillo's replacement at NESN. People aren't going to cut him any slack after this debacle.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I actually feel bad for Orsillo's replacement at NESN. People aren't going to cut him any slack after this debacle.
Don't waste your concern. The pompous gasbag taking the job doesn't need it.

Reaction Score
Isn't Dave O'Brian the guy who calls the women's final four games with Doris?

I think he does a very good job with that - didn't sound like a pompous gasbag
to me - unless we're talking about a different guy.

Reaction Score
So does Remy not do games anymore? We're not allowed to have NESN in SW CT since this part of the state is considered the Yankees territory.

Reaction Score
Isn't Dave O'Brian the guy who calls the women's final four games with Doris?

I think he does a very good job with that - didn't sound like a pompous gasbag
to me - unless we're talking about a different guy.
Agree with you! I liked Orsillo but Dave Obrien is a terrific announcer. He calls ESPN baseball games, soccer and has called the women's final four for the last couple of years. I thought Obrien called that famous "David Ortiz, David Ortiz , David Ortiz " against the Tigers and was heard throughout the country. Just because Orsillo was given the shaft I don't think it's fair to criticize a very reputable announcer. I'm assuming that the Red Sox (Werner) wanted to get away from the Remy , Orsillo comedy hour. Some people like it and other teams fans make fun of it. I heard the rumor of Orsillo leaving since last year . I don't think it was a surprise to anyone. His contract was up.

Reaction Score
So does Remy not do games anymore? We're not allowed to have NESN in SW CT since this part of the state is considered the Yankees territory.
Remy probably will be the analyst but they haven't confirmed. Personally I like Lyons better than Remy . It did take Remy a couple of years to warm up to Orsillo so who knows.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Dick Enberg has done the Padres games for the past few years. I am guessing he is retiring.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought Obrien called that famous "David Ortiz, David Ortiz , David Ortiz " against the Tigers and was heard throughout the country. Just because Orsillo was given the shaft I don't think it's fair to criticize a very reputable announcer.

Of course it's fair to criticize an announcer. And that "Ortiz" call was lousy. It wasn't organic, it was forced and contrived. A great call is like when Bob Heussler called Tate's shot.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I am going to miss Orsillo. A lot. I hope that Remy can learn to co-exist with Dave. However, since Dave is used to having to try and talk over Doris and her preconceived (not to be deviated from) talking points, he may already have some ideas on how to cope. NESN handled this terribly. And the Padres will reap the benefits while Orsillo cycles in as Enberg prepares for retirement after next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom