OT Somewhat...Back in the day... | The Boneyard

OT Somewhat...Back in the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Having followed UCONN basketball longer than I care to mention but should to make the point, this way before Jim or Geno. Listened to all the men's games on the radio in The Yankee Conference days. The live games I attended you got to get in for free for the woman who often played the same school first, if you had a men's game ticket.
Never did I think or dream all these years later I would be paying $150.00 a month for cable service that includes TV and computer and leaves me being able to see way more UCONN woman's games than the men's.

Reaction Score
Having followed UCONN basketball longer than I care to mention but should to make the point, this way before Jim or Geno. Listened to all the men's games on the radio in The Yankee Conference days. The live games I attended you got to get in for free for the woman who often played the same school first, if you had a men's game ticket.
Never did I think or dream all these years later I would be paying $150.00 a month for cable service that includes TV and computer and leaves me being able to see way more UCONN woman's games than the men's.

Can't relate entirely, but I never paid (subscribed) to watch a team (UCONN women) before SNY.TV. Today, ESPN Watch is an IPOD compared to a record player. Love, love, love it.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
A memory - driving around to find a decent spot to hear a locally broadcast WBB game (Rutgers in my case).

Back in the '90s when I started following the games, that was all you had to follow an out-of-town game. While Rutgers isn't so fortunate as UConn to have every game on TV, now it is so easy to check out a score on-line, you can watch on-line with the right service, etc. etc.

So, to the original point - yep, times have sure changed.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
With Senior night approaching, I miss the CPTV crew covering the ceremony. I doubt that CBS understands that the 4 years we've spent with KML & Kiah have made them like members of the family.

Reaction Score
I'm there with you Woof! I remember watching the end of women's games as we packed the wooden bleachers in the old Field House for the men's game in the Yankee Conference. Lost track of the women after I graduated and also got radio coverage of the men's. I subscribed to a regional magazine - "Eastern College Basketball" to get news because the national media didn't cover them.
Things have changed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22