OT - Skiing/Snowboarding | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - Skiing/Snowboarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
CA--are you in Lk Tahoe? The reports I'm reading are talking about rain below 8k on Sun...Any local knowledge would be greatly appreciated...I need to decide by next Thur

Thx for the heads up...
yeah, i saw that but no one at Squaw seems to be too concerned. Ill update you on Sunday. Im in Tahoe City & Reno.

Reaction Score
yeah, i saw that but no one at Squaw seems to be too concerned. Ill update you on Sunday. Im in Tahoe City & Reno.

Great...thx....much appreciated...hope you get some good pow this w/e

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Great...thx....much appreciated...hope you get some good pow this w/e
Well, we got a ton of snow at the upper elevations but its pretty heavy. I was at Squaw & Northstar today and, as much as i love Tahoe and make my living selling it, I think id probably head for Jackson Hole instead of Tahoe. They've had an epic snowfall in Jackson this year and the skiing is awesome. Save Tahoe for next year.

Reaction Score
Well, we got a ton of snow at the upper elevations but its pretty heavy. I was at Squaw & Northstar today and, as much as i love Tahoe and make my living selling it, I think id probably head for Jackson Hole instead of Tahoe. They've had an epic snowfall in Jackson this year and the skiing is awesome. Save Tahoe for next year.

CA....thx for the inside info....much appreciated..have been to Tahoe 2x before...and will be back again...

Reaction Score
Skied Telluride, Vail and Steamboat. I've done a bunch of the Vermont mountains but they just don't compare to Colorado, I do like Stowe though.

Reaction Score
I'm at squaw/alpine this week and its unfortunately not worth the trip. They got 3ft on the upper mountain on Saturday then it rained (hard) all day Sunday. Squaw was "Tahoe cement" on Monday and yesterday the snow was so hard on top you would have thought it was a bad day on the east coast.

I can see how this place could be awesome with a ton of snow, but warm weather (high of 50 tomorrow) is killing them. If you still have a chance to bail, I would say skip Tahoe this year, unfortunately.

I'll be boarding up at mt snow early march so hopefully I get some decent riding then...never thought I would say that

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Alta just got a ton of new snow this past weekend, FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom