OT Serena Loses 3rd Round Wimbledon | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT Serena Loses 3rd Round Wimbledon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Or you are not addressing me in your comments and are just quoting my post to discuss the naysayers out there who question them. If that is the case, I am sorry for attacking your comments.
Cam I think BB was agreeing with you... and piggybacking off your post

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Serena is probably not the type of person I would have as a friend. But having a 'tude on the court is quite common for the most successful athletes. I've never felt that one needs to feel a personality connection to an athlete to admire what they do on the court/field of play.

Venus's personality is completely different from Serena's, yet even today some people will group the Williams sisters together as if they're one unit. You can always tell which people haven't really been paying attention, and simply decided to judge/execute them 15 years ago, by how they still group them together.
do you know what she's like as a friend, are you basing that on her on-court "tude"?

Reaction Score
do you know what she's like as a friend, are you basing that on her on-court "tude"?

I'm basing none of it on her on-court demeanor, actually. Game faces are usually different from real faces. I simply see no common ground upon which friendship could be sustained, long term. You don't have to be similar to someone to be their friend, but it helps to have at least something in common. Our interests are simply too divergent. Fashion? Karaoke? Yuck. :)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'm basing none of it on her on-court demeanor, actually. Game faces are usually different from real faces. I simply see no common ground upon which friendship could be sustained, long term. You don't have to be similar to someone to be their friend, but it helps to have at least something in common. Our interests are simply too divergent. Fashion? Karaoke? Yuck. :)
Im sure she'll be upset hearing the bad news

Reaction Score
Venus is on one of the 6 ESPN The Body covers coming out July 11
(Other 5 covers: Marshawn Lynch, Michael Phelps, Prince Fielder (????), Serge Ibaka, Jamie Anderson (Olympic snowboarder)

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
You completely missed the point of my post.

When I said they cannot win, I meant in the court of public opinion. If they do not play because of injuries, they get questioned and scrutinized like no other. If they do play and have to retire due to injury, they get questioned and scrutinized like no other.

Serena Williams is my all-time favorite athelte, male or female. Any person on this board knows how much I love her. To claim that I was implying that they do not care about winning or would fake injuries means you did not clearly read my post.

Or you are not addressing me in your comments and are just quoting my post to discuss the naysayers out there who question them. If that is the case, I am sorry for attacking your comments.

My apologies for not making myself more clear--I am in complete agreement with you and used your last line as a jumping off point for my own frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke79

Top Bottom