OT: See how Oklahoma St. got out of an APR punishment... | The Boneyard

OT: See how Oklahoma St. got out of an APR punishment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"The NCAA announced that Oklahoma State will no longer face penalties for a low academic progress rate (APR) score in the 2014 season, thanks to an updated calculation and some research from the school's athletic department."

Updated calculation, eh? Funny thing is, UConn didn't even need to graduate some player from the 90's to meet the standards. They just needed the NCAA to use the damn current scores.

This about sums it up:

Pistols Firing @pistolsguy
Follow

This APR news really is amazing. Someone who went to college in the 90s graduated so a bunch of kids born in the 90s can now practice.

Reaction Score
At first I thought this was an article from The Onion or some other satirical source. Is this true? Seems like a joke. Oh wait it's the NCAA, it's a joke alright!

Reaction Score
I don't even see how that's possible. An APR score from the 1998 football team has long since been irrelevant. Heck, they didn't calculate APR scores back then.

Something had to be lost in translation between the source and the writer.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't even see how that's possible. An APR score from the 1998 football team has long since been irrelevant. Heck, they didn't calculate APR scores back then.

Something had to be lost in translation between the source and the writer.

Said everyone RE any article on the NCAA.

pj

Reaction Score
Maybe if a 1990 player graduates in 2010 it counteracts a 2010 player who drops out?

If that's how it works, UConn should have gotten a more clever lawyer. And some correspondence courses in basketweaving.

Reaction Score
Trying to put this APR stuff in the rearview mirror but every time this comes up it piss' s me off. We were not treated fairly but man winning the. Championship last year sure made up for all the crap the Ncaa and that goofy ass Emert thru at us . What a payback we exacted and seeing the look on his face when he handed the trophy To KO was awesome. This is what happens when you ban us will always be priceless.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Trying to put this APR stuff in the rearview mirror but every time this comes up it piss' s me off. We were not treated fairly but man winning the. Championship last year sure made up for all the crap the Ncaa and that goofy ass Emert thru at us . What a payback we exacted and seeing the look on his face when he handed the trophy To KO was awesome. This is what happens when you ban us will always be priceless.
You could make a really convincing argument that we never win the 2014 title without the APR ban of 2013. Even though none of us would change anything, it is still a problem. We have the stigma of a school that doesn't care about academics. Maybe we don't, but there's no reason to think we care any less than any other top sports school.
Shorter version -- the NCAA is always terrible.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You could make a really convincing argument that we never win the 2014 title without the APR ban of 2013. Even though none of us would change anything, it is still a problem. We have the stigma of a school that doesn't care about academics. Maybe we don't, but there's no reason to think we care any less than any other top sports school.
Shorter version -- the NCAA is always terrible.

No one can know that actual effect of the APR, but if it took the APR 'issues' to win the 2014 Championship, then sign me up every time.

Reaction Score
I still believe we should have sued the NCAA the way they retroactively punished us. But at this point it's water under the bridge. We already got justice on the NCAA by winning the Championship, and then Shabazz's ballsy comments right to that coward Emmert's face.

Reaction Score
I still believe we should have sued the NCAA the way they retroactively punished us. But at this point it's water under the bridge. We already got justice on the NCAA by winning the Championship, and then Shabazz's ballsy comments right to that coward Emmert's face.

I think we would have won that lawsuit, but the NCAA is run by criminals, and they would have taken retribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom