OT: San Diego, Chicago, Seattle, Denver | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: San Diego, Chicago, Seattle, Denver

Reaction Score
Awesome info, everyone. Really appreciate it.

No hard feelings Cheeky; maybe some other time in a more appropriate place we can have a more nuanced discussion on the matter

Reaction Score
Actually, I really like the above post, and my opinion of you has changed substantially based on that. Maybe it's just the way your first post was worded. Maybe I was on the rag when I read it. Not sure which.
I respectfully disagree with your perspective on men/women. To me, it's not much different than a bunch of dogs and running around sniffing each other, mounting, and getting into fights over sausages and muff. What you may discover when you get older is that you're uncertain why your hormones had such a strangle hold over your brain.

In any event, I've gotten lucky in life - despite a healthy libido, I was never attracted to most females. Over the years I've had the great fortune of having my fill of intercourse with a few women who I have found particularly attractive. Never wanted to have casual s e x - never did. Not moralizing at all - to each his own. Just not my thing, and with the amount of creepy crawlies out there nowadays, I'd do it no differently had I it to do again. Just saw a 23 year old kid in my town have half his tongue removed - HPV-induced mouth cancer is increasing dramatically among the young.

San Diego sounds great. Except for the crush of humanity. Denver sounds great. Except for the altitude and cold. And so on. No place is perfect. I wish you well finding a place to call home for a bit (and getting as much tail as you can handle!).
Is this the 1st time a BoneYarder has changed their opinion or admitted they may have misjudged? I'm not sure I like this kumbaya Shot. What's next? Yarders admitting the NBE is better this year than the AAC? Can we get back to the"my dad's better than your dad" stuff.

BTW: You know the best thing about college girls?

Reaction Score
Is this the 1st time a BoneYarder has changed their opinion or admitted they may have misjudged? I'm not sure I like this kumbaya Shot. What's next? Yarders admitting the NBE is better this year than the AAC? Can we get back to the"my dad's better than your dad" stuff.

BTW: You know the best thing about college girls?
They have for the most part only just begun their descent into madness ;)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You're young and can probably tolerate or even acclimate to the attitudes and thinking of people in Seattle, Denver and Chicago. The young don't give a hoot in Seattle and Denver - and people in Chicago are happy in May through September. I've have had relatives/friends in all three over past 30 yrs. and almost all have left for the southern states. I've spent much time in all three places.
Chicago is as expensive as Boston as is Seattle. However in Seattle you can move 10 miles out of city and find bargain housing. Denver is hit or miss in the city, it seems most people like to live in Denver for about 2 years and then discover some nice places in the burbs. All three have decent night life-especially during football season.
I have visited San Diego once - loved the weather, it's a beautiful place - but very pricey - I can't offer much more.
If you are stuck on those 4 places- good luck to you - I'm sure you will find things to occupy your time.
You may want to look at Texas- a lot for the dollar there and there are plenty of young women.

Reaction Score
If you are single: Tampa, San Diego, Chicago, Denver

If you are planning 5 settle down: Tampa, San Diego, Denver, Chicago.

Seattle is a great place to visit...not sure about staying for more than 3 months.

Reaction Score
You strike me as the kind of person who would be better off without your nuts.
Yeah man - you just strike me as a creep. You "work in the medical field." You are moving somewhere at the age of 24 and a big parameter for you is targeting "college chicks."
So Fishy points out that every straight dude at 24 is "into" college chicks. Yeah yeah, we all get that. Young chicks are hotter than older chicks. Evolution and all. We mostly all prefer 18 yo smut stars to 48 year old ones.
But the point is you went out of your way multiple times to point out that this was an important to you, and preferably latinas, and so on. "revolving door of college chicks". And you're 24. By the time I was 24 the novelty of chasing skirt had long worn off. It's not a question of s e x drive. It's a question of not being owned by your biological simplicity.
Get off your high horse. Seriously!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
If you are single: Tampa, San Diego, Chicago, Denver

If you are planning 5 settle down: Tampa, San Diego, Denver, Chicago.
Tampa, beyond the appeal of good weather from October-May what are the other positives? Less so? Single, or Settled Down to open it up for a larger group.

Reaction Score
I was wrong to post that. You are right.
My main objecting point to yours was that if moving from meeting to intercourse was so biologically simple, wouldn't most guys be getting laid easily and constantly? Yet I've heard your average guy goes through life sleeping with seven women total. It's sad to say, but a fair proportion of my peers are still involuntary virgins. And honestly, seeing how your average mating-age guys conduct themselves out and with the opposite sex, I can't say I'm that surprised. Guys get laid once or twice a year for a few years during and maybe after college, and then latch on to one of those repeat lays until marriage is just the next logical step in the "relationship." Then once you're married, it's just logical to start having kids.

Either that process isn't nearly as simple as you may think, or there's something about the way mainstream media socializes young men to act around girls and fruitlessly attempt that process

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tampa, beyond the appeal of good weather from October-May what are the other positives? Less so? Single, or Settled Down to open it up for a larger group.
Yeah to be honest if I were gonna go to Florida (or below the Mason Dixon Line) I'd just go to Miami

Reaction Score
I live in Chicago and it's a world class city. You can't beat the food and nightlife here, it's a city of neighborhoods and everyone can find a neighborhood that fits their needs. The summers are incredible but the winters are pretty brutal, it gets bone-chilling cold with the wind and there are a lot of grey days. Unfortunately the city has been poorly run and they kind of kill you with taxes but it is still a lot cheaper than Boston. Chicago is just a much better city than Boston, all four of your options are quality places to live.

Reaction Score
Either that process isn't nearly as simple as you may think, or there's something about the way mainstream media socializes young men to act around girls and fruitlessly attempt that process
Really, are Generation Y, Millenial, or whatever males so easily swayed by whatever mainstream media dictates? Other than under-satisfied little brains, are you suggesting many of your age group simply have no backbones, balls, or brains?

Reaction Score
What's the matter, son, you afraid of a little competition for the girls in.... Providence? lmao....

Reaction Score
Really, are Generation Y, Millenial, or whatever males so easily swayed by whatever mainstream media dictates? Other than under-satisfied little brains, are you suggesting many of your age group simply have no backbones, balls, or brains?
I think the bold feeds in to the underlined

The sheer amount of internet p0rn and sex on tv my generation has been exposed to, as the first generation truly raised on the internet, is something that is (understandably) probably hard to imagine by some of you older guys

It's a complete disconnection; you can receive more- and more-realistic-looking i.e. HD simulated sexual experiences (but simultaneously unrealistic in the sense of what the guy does to the girl and vice versa) with more- and more-unrealistic looking women without any required social skills. Apparently they're developing peripheral devices for tablets that can work in conjunction with p0rn videos that give you simulated physical stimulation in line with what is happening on the screen.

So not only do guys grow up receiving sexual stimulation without developing any real-world social skills, but if/when the planets align and they stumble upon a naked drunk and willing girl in their bed, they don't even know how real girls like to have sex.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Very bizarre post. Seattle's got hipsters but is a pretty un-douchy city. I've never seen anyone wearing Ed Hardy in Seattle. And, honestly, Seattle is never going to win a contest on a list that includes San Diego.
It's FriarJ dude.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
My main objecting point to yours was that if moving from meeting to intercourse was so biologically simple, wouldn't most guys be getting laid easily and constantly? Yet I've heard your average guy goes through life sleeping with seven women total. s

Lower your standards. That worked for me. I'm now way beyond the average thanks to ugly women. ;)

Reaction Score
It is beyond ironic that you are the one talking about d0uchebags showing up to places completely uninvited and unapologetically degrading the experience for those who belong.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
San Diego for all the reasons everyone has already mentioned. Expensive? Absolutely but if you are in Boston, you're used to taxes and cost of living.

It has everything from beaches, parks, water and skiing at Bear mountain is only 3 hours away. I've been to 40+ states and over a dozen countries and San Diego is as good as any of them.

If you like Harpoon, San Diego counters with Stone Brewery.

Reaction Score

I was in Belltown the weekend before last, yokel, didn't see many dbags. It's funny that you're running down places like Queen Anne and Ballard that are actually packed with cool spots. It's not all that hard to tell that you're using "" to mean "people who do fun things that I'm not invited to."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom