OT - RU Commits Bailing? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - RU Commits Bailing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jordan Fuchs is taking visits and is now listed as a soft verbal

Reaction Score
Here is the third in 24 hours - making the total 5 in 2 1/2 months. http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i..._cb_lamont_simmons_rutgers_de-commitment.html

In this article about Hester "detaching" himself from RU it says:

>>"The whole thing with me was I wanted to take my visits and be 100 percent sure. I was still gonna stay committed, just take two-three visits to make sure I didn't have any second thoughts about it when I got up there or anything," said Hester. "I'm not trying to transfer out in college like I did in high school. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have any second thoughts."

When Hester contacted Rutgers head coach Kyle Flood to reveal his intentions, things did not go as planned. Hester says it was made clear to him that committed players taking official visits elsewhere is frowned upon and would result in him having his scholarship rescinded.

"I called coach Flood, and the way the conversation went, they basically closed the door," said Hester. "That's the way it sounded to me. That's how the conversation basically ended. He was just like, 'There is nothing left to say.' And that was the end of the conversation."<<

I can't fault Flood for his stance in some respects... Using a "commit" as a placeholder doesn't sit right for a coach when you have limited scholarships available to use.

Just wonder if there are deeper issues because of the numbers.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...rmer_rutgers_commit_pledges_to_miami_fla.html

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Save your comments for someone that cares. Whats wrong bud ...a conversation with mutual respect and without name calling must be to much to handle i guess. Hit ignore.
Some of these guys don't understand mutual respect here but the vast majority do pal and I know real when I see it! It goes way beyond mere sports to who we REALLY are and I sense it in you but I see BCeagles is back trolling !?! His behaviour depends on what board he's lurking on!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No it was more of "a personal shot"at a BC poster BCeagle who talks out of two sides of his face about UConn on several boards who after rubbing in BC's fine recruiting "just for info" purposes here and then seeing said poster saying UConn IHO was'nt worthy of ACC acceptence on other national CR boards this spring/summer? As far as kids commits I've made peace with it have you?I suggest waiting, like me until NLOI signing day to cheer or jeer and not let yourself get too bent out of shape?

Reaction Score
No it was more of "a personal shot"at a BC poster BCeagle who talks out of two sides of his face about UConn on several boards who after rubbing in BC's fine recruiting "just for info" purposes here and then seeing said poster saying UConn IHO was'nt worthy of ACC acceptence on other national CR boards this spring/summer? As far as kids commits I've made peace with it have you?I suggest waiting, like me until NLOI signing day to cheer or jeer and not let yourself get too bent out of shape?

You are one strange poster...

image.jpg

Reaction Score
I doubt the lack of faith in Rutgers’ AD Hermann is helping the situation either. She has no visions and made the entire athletic department a national joke. The only thing she appears good at is saving her own arse, which I sure makes the coaches on the front lines feel so secure in their jobs.
In other words, when Rutgers hired her from Louisville they thought they were getting another Jurich and instead they got another Hathaway.

Reaction Score
Some of these guys don't understand mutual respect here but the vast majority do pal and I know real when I see it! It goes way beyond mere sports to who we REALLY are and I sense it in you but I see BCeagles is back trolling !?! His behaviour depends on what board he's lurking on!
You aren't a bright guy are you? What does whether I feel like UCONN should join the ACC have to do with whether I'm here to talk recruiting or not. I think I've admitted here UCONN is my first choice to go to the ACC if they were to expand again. That's not trolling it's just being honest.

Reaction Score
I doubt the lack of faith in Rutgers’ AD Hermann is helping the situation either. She has no visions and made the entire athletic department a national joke. The only thing she appears good at is saving her own arse, which I sure makes the coaches on the front lines feel so secure in their jobs. In other words, when Rutgers hired her from Louisville they thought they were getting another Jurich and instead they got another Hathaway.

... but she is still smart enough to keep the programs's major booster happy so she is one step ahead of JH!
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i..._the_puppet_master_for_rutgers_athletics.html

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You aren't a bright guy are you? What does whether I feel like UCONN should join the ACC have to do with whether I'm here to talk recruiting or not. I think I've admitted here UCONN is my first choice to go to the ACC if they were to expand again. That's not trolling it's just being honest.
What you admit here and have posted the opposite 5/6 monthes ago on other national CR boards that I asked you about then are two different things otherwise I would'nt have mentioned it.

Reaction Score
What you admit here and have posted the opposite 5/6 monthes ago on other national CR boards that I asked you about then are two different things otherwise I would'nt have mentioned it.
I apologize wrote that wrong meant to say I've admitted here that UCONN isn't my first choice

Reaction Score
I apologize wrote that wrong meant to say I've admitted here that UCONN isn't my first choice
I respect your honesty eagles! I don't ask for more from anyone. Most would'nt be as honest.Good get with Hilliman for you guys.I expect Uconn will become very good in recruiting in the next yr or so with probably a few surprise's under the tree for UConn this season(rec.season)!

Reaction Score
“@TomLuicci: 3-2-1.... Let the meltdown of Rutgers fans begin as top QB prospect Tyler Wiegers de-commits according to several outlets.”

Also: http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Rutgers recruiting: Tyler Wiegers, Rutgers quarterback de-commit, headed to Iowa
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

(Before it gets pointed out... I know we have had our share of decommits but still...)

Reaction Score
I hope Robert Martin rb flips to Uconn, maybe he can join Britton from the burg.

Reaction Score
No one wants to play for a train wreck Rutgirls program that will be in the basement of the conference.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
With Newsome and McAllister already committed, i doubt we add another RB in this small class.

Perhaps, unless the next prospect demonstrated superior skills at returning kick offs and punts - which we desperately need help with. Where are you the next Reggie McClain and Nick Edwards?

Reaction Score
Not a surprise that recruits are bailing. If you were a recruit, would you want to tell people you're going to play for a historic loser program know nationally as Rutgirls?

Reaction Score

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Perhaps, unless the next prospect demonstrated superior skills at returning kick offs and punts - which we desperately need help with. Where are you the next Reggie McClain and Nick Edwards?

Lets not overlook the next Robbie Frey either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom