OT- Rowdy Roddy Piper, RIP | The Boneyard

OT- Rowdy Roddy Piper, RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When Piper cracked Jimmy Snuka with the coconut and Snuka was bleeding they put red X's on the TV screen to keep you from seeing the blood.

Yes, I went right up to the TV and tried to see if I could see behind the X and see the blood.

One of the first great guys with the Microphone. Lots of pros owe their careers to him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
"I'm 28, I'm in my prime! When you were 28, you didn't have a prime!"

Reaction Score
Sad news. Just one of many wrestlers from my childhood that are gone too soon. Its crazy how many of these guys that have died at such a relatively young age from heart problems. Coincedence???

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Ts5034 said:
Sad news. Just one of many wrestlers from my childhood that are gone too soon. Its crazy how many of these guys that have died at such a relatively young age from heart problems. Coincedence???

Obviously not a coincidence. Steroids and Cocaine ( both of which Roddy acknowledged ) do long term heart damage. Wrestlers lead a tough life. Especially the older ones. Tons of travel 7 day work weeks and a party lifestyle takes its toll .

Hot rod was one of the greats.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

One person (I think it was Jesse Ventura) tweeted last night that Hot Rod once worked 91 consecutive nights. Using drugs and alcohol to kill the pain takes a toll on your body.

August_West

Reaction Score
Chin Diesel said:
One person (I think it was Jesse Ventura) tweeted last night that Hot Rod once worked 91 consecutive nights. Using drugs and alcohol to kill the pain takes a toll on your body.

And he probably wrestled over 100 times in those 91 days. The would often do weekend " double shots". Working matinees and then night matches. In different cities!

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Ill be mighty upset once hillbilly jim goes on to that great squared circle in the sky.

"Don't go messin with a country boy"

Reaction Score
I was never a wrestling fan, even as a kid, but I love John Carpenter movies, and Roddy absolutely killed it in 'They Live.'

Reaction Score
He was incredible in his guest spot on Always Sunny.
Both the episodes with the Maniac were awesome. Sad to see him go. Wrestling and football are two peas in a pod when it comes to brain damage, it seems.

Reaction Score
I knew wrestling was scripted, but Roddy made me sometimes believe it was real. He was that good at wrestling, acting and convincing.

Nowadays its mostly acting, then some wrestling but never convincing.

August_West

Reaction Score
Kitaman said:
I knew wrestling was scripted, but Roddy made me sometimes believe it was real. He was that good at wrestling, acting and convincing. Nowadays its mostly acting, then some wrestling but never convincing.

How this for convincing he's like 19 here. He knew how to " sell" a match via talking as well as anyone. And yes this is real

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
This is a great video by the WWE:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads