OT: RIP "Rowdy" Roddy Piper | The Boneyard

OT: RIP "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I walked into a Shell gas station in Danbury last year and found myself face to face with Roddy Piper at the coffee station. I knew he had a match that night on the WestConn campus and I wished him good luck. He smiled, thanked me and proceeded to pay for my coffee. He was with his son and we talked outside for the better part of an hour. I asked all sorts of wrestling questions and he asked as many questions of me about the Greater Danbury area. He was just a good dude and I poured a little out when I heard he passed away today.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/31/roddy-piper-dead-dies-wwe-wrestler-cancer/

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
rowdy-roddy-piper-over-hulk-hogan-autographed-photograph-3370771.jpg

*Google pic, not mine.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
"I'm here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Weird. Someone deleted multiple posts in this thread.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
An all time classic WWF moment was when Hot Rod cracked a coconut over Jimmy Snuka's head on Piper's Pit!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
An all time classic WWF moment was when Hot Rod cracked a coconut over Jimmy Snuka's head on Piper's Pit!

I mentioned that on the thread about Hot Rod on the Bball board. I was a bit younger back then and I would go up to the TV and try to look up from the bottom of the screen to see if I could see behind the big X's that they used to put on the screen.

Reaction Score
I loved the WWF as a kid and it's sad seeing most of these guys dying at an early age, Roddy was my all-time favorite and his death actually almost felt like a friend dying. Almost all of these deaths are heavily related to steroids, it will be interesting to see what will happen with NFL and MLB players as they get older. WWF guys and bodybuilders don't tend to live long, worry that might be the same fate for many baseball and football players too. RIP Hot Rod, you were a supreme entertainer and a good dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom