OT- RIP James Gandolfini | The Boneyard

OT- RIP James Gandolfini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
James Gandolfini died at 51 years of age, he was a great actor and great person from everything I've read and Tony Soprano is one of the iconic characters in television history. 52 is way too young, RIP and thanks for making me happy every Sunday night for years.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Great show. Great character. Likely went on for a season too long. I get the same feeling from Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy. They are in "milk the cow" mode now. The best days are over.

Reaction Score
Shocking. Great actor. Have all the seasons of Sopranos on DVD. Perfect fit to play the character of Tony Soprano.

Reaction Score
I was just watching the game when the announcement of his death came on. He was defined by that character. I saw him in other parts, but it was impossible not to see him as Tony. Rest in peace!

Reaction Score
Larry King described him as a carreer character actor who got at shot at a leading role.
He certainly made the most of that opportunity and gave us one of great iconic. characters of American Telelivision.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Great character. Seemed like a genuinely good guy. I'm also a fan of his favorite curse word:

Way too young. New wife and baby too. Very sad.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Terribly sad.

I didn't see a minute of The Sopranos, but I think that show set the groundwork for the great cable series that we have now.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
pie-o-my.jpg

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Terribly sad.

I didn't see a minute of The Sopranos, but I think that show set the groundwork for the great cable series that we have now.

Any reason why you haven't sat down and gone through the series?

I'm from NJ so I'm probably biased, but it's my favorite series of all time.

Def sad news today.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
He also made a great gay hitman in The Mexican.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Any reason why you haven't sat down and gone through the series?

I'm from NJ so I'm probably biased, but it's my favorite series of all time.

Def sad news today.

No good reason - I usually miss the start of these series and then I don't want to jump into the middle of them.

It has its benefits - while it's all in the past for you folks, I still get to look forward to The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men and Lost.

The Sopranos had such an impact that even though I never saw a second of it, I can still tell you how it ended, some of the characters' names, that the season where he saw a shrink or something wasn't one of the better years, etc. You could not avoid Sopranos talk on a Monday.

Reaction Score
As good as he was on the Sopranos he was great in all of the movie roles he played and you would have thought he would be typecast but he wasn't. Tremendous actor.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No good reason - I usually miss the start of these series and then I don't want to jump into the midd of them.

It has its benefits - while it's all in the past for you folks, I still get to look forward to The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men and Lost.

The Sopranos had such an impact that even though I never saw a second of it, I can still tell you how it ended, some of the characters' names, that the season where he saw a shrink or something wasn't one of the better years, etc. You could not avoid Sopranos talk on a Monday.
Same thing usually happens to us, and I haven't seen any of the others you've listed either. We were late to The Sopranos too, but someone loaned us the first two seasons on DVD. I think we ended up watching them within two weeks, and then we never missed a new one. And I mean never.

Lots of good television has followed, but that was special. Haven't felt that way about any television series since.

Reaction Score
Sad sad news. I guess there won't be a sopranos movie now, atleast not a good one.

Watch your weight fellas, tell my dad that all the time. 50 seems to be the overweight heart attack age nowadays.

Reaction Score
Boy did he look older than 51.

He was only 37 when the series started, the way he looked and played that role you would think mid to late 40s at the minimum.

Reaction Score
Can you believe the actor who play Chris moltisanti is the same age as tony? He looked 20 years younger in the show.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I never was a huge Sopranos fan but thought he was a great in The Last Castle.

Reaction Score
I never was a huge Sopranos fan but thought he was a great in The Last Castle.

Also a fantastic character in an underrated movie with Redford......totally agree!!

And his small role in Zero Dark Thirty was perfect for him......

Reaction Score
Can you believe the actor who play Chris moltisanti is the same age as tony? He looked 20 years younger in the show.
James Gandolfini is actually 5 years older then Michael Imperioli (Moltisanti). But I agree 100% that he looked 20 years older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom