OT: Record Temps and Sharks | The Boneyard

OT: Record Temps and Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
At least you should be able to enjoy walks along the beach peacefully while goobed up in some SPF-50 UVA/UVB lotion.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/two-great-whites-return-massachusetts-161927795.html

According to WBZ-TV, the State Division of Marine Fisheries was alerted to their presence when electronic receivers detected audio signals on two of seven sharks the state tagged in the same area last year in open ocean about half a mile from the Chatham shoreline.

Reaction Score
At least you should be able to enjoy walks along the beach peacefully while goobed up in some SPF-50 UVA/UVB lotion.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/two-great-whites-return-massachusetts-161927795.html

According to WBZ-TV, the State Division of Marine Fisheries was alerted to their presence when electronic receivers detected audio signals on two of seven sharks the state tagged in the same area last year in open ocean about half a mile from the Chatham shoreline.

Saw them last year, it's a bit unsettling. We were at Nauset Beach which is down from Chatham. When we arrived, two seals were swimming quite close to shore. A few days later only one was visible. They also pulled everyone out of the water for a few hours one afternoon. As I said, unsettling.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Saw them last year, it's a bit unsettling. We were at Nauset Beach which is down from Chatham. When we arrived, two seals were swimming quite close to shore. A few days later only one was visible. They also pulled everyone out of the water for a few hours one afternoon. As I said, unsettling.

If you decide you don't ever want to go swimming in the ocean again, take a helicopter or small plane and fly along the shoreline by the beaches. Just beyond the sand bars are usually plenty of sharks.

We are so far off the sharks food chain radar, you have a better chance of winning the lottery than you do getting bit by sharks.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Did you see the You Tube video of the shark taking out a seal in Truro? I live in Truro and used to to swim my ocean swim at Ballston Beach in my wetsuit early in the season. That is until my wife said I looked like chubby seal. Mind you the seal part I wasn't bothered by - it was the chubby part that has kept me out of the water. I have my pride!!

Reaction Score
If you decide you don't ever want to go swimming in the ocean again, take a helicopter or small plane and fly along the shoreline by the beaches. Just beyond the sand bars are usually plenty of sharks.

We are so far off the sharks food chain radar, you have a better chance of winning the lottery than you do getting bit by sharks.

That is of course unless you swim in waters with Sharks present

Reaction Score
Did you see the You Tube video of the shark taking out a seal in Truro? I live in Truro and used to to swim my ocean swim at Ballston Beach in my wetsuit early in the season. That is until my wife said I looked like chubby seal. Mind you the seal part I wasn't bothered by - it was the chubby part that has kept me out of the water. I have my pride!!
LOL! I don't know you from Shabby (Psych reference for those who watch that show), but the mental image sort of ruined my day. With that said, you and your wife might not like the way you look, but I bet the sharks would be salivating at the sight of you in open waters. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom