OT: Ray Rice suspension, Steven Smith comments blasted by ESPN's Michelle Beadle | The Boneyard

OT: Ray Rice suspension, Steven Smith comments blasted by ESPN's Michelle Beadle

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

First, let me say I don't care for Steven A. Smith. You have to go by Steven "A" Smith? And when he is interviewed, he always sounds so preachy and condescending that I usually root for someone to smack the smugness right off his face.

So imagine my happy surprise to see Michelle Beadle rips him a new one after his comments on First Take yesterday where Smith tried to make it out like you have to take into consideration what the victim did to PROVOKE the violence before condemning the perpetrator.

Twitter battle

Needless to say, Smith goes on and on and on about how awful violence is and how wrong it is to hit a woman and blah blah blah, then he basically ends his twitter comments by saying the same thing he said in the First Take interview.

Beadle instantly tweets

Michelle Beadle ✔ @MichelleDBeadle
Follow

In a week in which LGBT & domestic abuse issues have been primarily discussed in one-sided formats, I stand by my words. #communicatebetter

Bam! Great stuff Michelle.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
So an ESPN personality rips another ESPN personality and ESPN blows it up in to a big story so ESPN can cover it. I hate the way they always create their own news and then cover it it likes is a real story.

Reaction Score
So an ESPN personality rips another ESPN personality and ESPN blows it up in to a big story so ESPN can cover it. I hate the way they always create their own news and then cover it it likes is a real story.

the First Take "debate" is probably coming next week

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Smith is a box of rocks. Beadle voluntarily came back to the idiot's showplace.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Rice (who is built like a brick shizhouse) didn't push a woman away or restrain a woman who was physically attacking him, HE KNOCKED OUT A WOMAN. Think about that. On top of that, I player smokes a joint and gets a longer suspension than Rice got for KNOCKING OUT A WOMAN. Ray Rice = Human Garbage

Reaction Score
SAS has legit sources. and is entertaining. What are beadles strengths? *half court lob*.

But i concur the fact that two espn personalities going at it to make an espn headline is petty and laughable.

Reaction Score

Just a little confused... the link was to someone else covering it.

What would be your theory anyway, Beadle doesn't believe what she's saying and is only doing it to boost ratings?

Reaction Score
Saw Beadle at Target in Southington a few years ago. Don't follow her commentary much but her ass is definitely worth following.

Saw her at CAVO one night and her a**, her legs etc etc ae all worth following and the owners know that!!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Saw Beadle at Target in Southington a few years ago. Don't follow her commentary much but her ass is definitely worth following.
Saw her at CAVO one night and her a**, her legs etc etc ae all worth following and the owners know that!!
Hilarious piece of creepy dude commentary intermingled in the domestic violence thread. Exactly why I love this place.:D

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Hilarious piece of creepy dude commentary intermingled in the domestic violence thread. Exactly why I love this place.:D
Rumor is that John has it on good authority that she has the same lawyer as Emily Noonan. Restraining orders are most likely forthcoming.

Reaction Score
By the way Michelle was domestically assaulted also I believe by the hockey player who dated her and worked at ESPN………hence the spin!

Reaction Score
Smith wasn't saying that we should look at what the woman did to provoke Rice before condemning him. He was pretty clear that, under no circumstances do you hit a woman.

He did, however, see fit to say that women need to be mindful of provoking their men, or something. I'm not really even sure. It was incredibly tone deaf and idiotic. Ladies, if you're legitimately afraid that your boyfriend/fiance/husband/whatever might assault you if you do or say something he doesn't like, then the answer isn't to be more careful about provoking him. It's to leave him and perhaps call the authorities.

Reaction Score
The NFL suspends a player a year for a slur - words.

They suspend Rice two games for cold-cocking a woman.

That is completely &^%$#@ up.
"hit women not blunts"
-roger goodell :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members