OT - Randy Edsall, Maryland agree to 3-year contract extension | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Randy Edsall, Maryland agree to 3-year contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd say it's well deserved. A couple of tough seasons due to injury but he's recruited well and has a talented team. If we had our choice (bitter feelings aside) would folks prefer Edsall or Diaco? Still too early to tell but Edsall is just so darn consistent.
Consistently mediocre or bad. Never great.

Reaction Score
Couple of things:

They were I-AA not II.

The NCAA had nothing to do with BCS selections.

He would have gone to Maryland if they stayed in the ACC.

If you ignore what he did over how he left that seems crazy.

I liked Edsall and hated how he left. I could have just brushed it off as that being the business of college football, but the fact he made Todman tell the team he was leaving before the Fiesta Bowl then just took off on a separate plane left what Mr. Boatright would describe as a bad taste in my mouth. It just sucked seeing someone tell a player how to act then do the exact opposite himself.

Reaction Score

With incentives and buyout language update: http://www.testudotimes.com/2015/7/...l-maryland-football-contract-extension-buyout

>>If the university decides between Jan. 16, 2017 and Jan. 15, 2018 that it’s in its “best interest” to make a coaching change, it would owe Edsall just $500,000. In the past, Edsall would have been paid in full had he been fired before the end of his contract. If Edsall is fired between Jan. 16, 2018 and Dec. 31, 2019, the university would not owe him any money.<<

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Edsall would still be here if Hathaway was canned a year or so earlier. It's that simple.

That is a fact. He hated Hathaway and that pushed him out the door. There were people in the program who wanted Hathaway gone but they acted to slowly in ridding the university of him.

Reaction Score
I wonder if someone went back and looked at the posts...what is the intersection of people that wanted him fired and people that are STILL pissed how he left. Probably more than you think.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Consistently mediocre or bad. Never great.

Bad??? Pal, I like you and generally just think you're doing your version of being a realist, but this is crazy. What we have seen on the field for the last 3 years has been "bad". Randy Edsall was never ever "bad" at UConn.

Every one of us on this board would take 8-5 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom