OT- PSU Commits Starting to Jump Ship | The Boneyard

OT- PSU Commits Starting to Jump Ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The reality for the 2013 commits is starting to hit home. 5 have decommitted in total and 3 in the last three days. There were not as many transfers as some may have thought. Personally, I couldn't believe that more 2012 commits didn't transfer as that class gets hit the hardest by the penalties, but once you drink the PSU Kool Aid I guess it is hard to leave.

The decommits of the last 3 days were 2 WRs, along with a 4-star OL. That has to make Hackenberg, their 4-star QB commit have some serious second thoughts. Nobody to throw to and nobody to protect him. I don't think UConn is in play for any PSU recruits, but I must say it is good to see the impact of the penalties on the program and their crazy fans.

Reaction Score
[ I don't think UConn is in play for any PSU recruits, but I must say it is good to see the impact of the penalties on the program and their crazy fans. /QUOTE]

The fans didn't rape anyone. The players didn't either. One man sexually assaulted those kids and a handful of others covered it up so you should think twice before condemning an entire community and university. Besides..it cheapens this forum when a Husky fan wallows in someone else's misfortune. Come on, your better than that.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
The same fans that were rioting when JoePa was fired? The same fans that think nothing wrong happened there? Yeah, they deserve all of our pity.

Reaction Score

You know what would really cheapen this forum? If God forbid this happened in Storrs with Calhoun and most of us here continued to worship at the alter of Jim.

Any sympathy I had for PSU fans has been eviscerated with their behavior and attitude towards this whole mess.

Reaction Score
Just go over to the PSU rivals board if you think these fans aren't delusional and still touting the innocence Paterno and how horrible Louis Freeh and the NCAA handled the situation. As for the players, they were given and still have the opportunity to go elsewhere.

The "entire community and university" were the ones who were turning a blind eye to anything negative about the football program and allowed Paterno to essentially run the university. It is not reported often enough, but while Paterno was covering for a child rapist between 2000 and 2004 his teams had a record of 26-33. Many were calling for his firing even without knowledge of Sandusky. You don't think job security and his ever powerful desire to be the winningest coach didn't play a role in the cover-up.

Reaction Score
Just recently I read a blog or article that had the gall to actually blame the victims. Alluding to the fact that they accepted Sandusky's gifts and tickets and didn't tell anyone. Pluck their "fans" and their saintly program with the 87%, grad rate. Those people don't get it.

And jimmy is spot on, when he mentions JC and the basketball program. He'll, they may have gotten a raw deal from the NCAA regarding the apr scores, but they should have never been so low anyway, so that is the rub of the green.

Reaction Score
There's a thread on their premium board on how they will soon become like Syracuse, very funny and very true.

Reaction Score
Love to read their board when I want to feel better about our program. There deffinitely are some level headed fans that are accepting their lumps but there are also fans who are blindly loyal to the logo. We would be the same way facing exact same circumstances. They are people like us, there is always a certain % of whackos.

Reaction Score
You know what would really cheapen this forum? If God forbid this happened in Storrs with Calhoun and most of us here continued to worship at the alter of Jim.

Any sympathy I had for PSU fans has been eviscerated with their behavior and attitude towards this whole mess.

As far as the student reaction goes, I'd be willing to bet that sometime, probably after 2020, the majority of those who are presently students will have a "WTF was I thinking" moment. That's what happened to many of the 60's counter-culture types.

Reaction Score
My point was that I would hope that UConn fans could rise above kicking something while it's already down. Obviously some can't.

What did that guy with the beard a long time ago say? Something like...... "thee without sin cast the first stone".

Reaction Score
Just read a twitter update that Dakota Royer is now leaving PSU. Anybody else see this?

Reaction Score
My point was that I would hope that UConn fans could rise above kicking something while it's already down. Obviously some can't.

What did that guy with the beard a long time ago say? Something like...... "thee without sin cast the first stone".

Im pretty sure he also said something along the lines of, when you get slapped across the face turn the other cheek. Their fans and cult following are having a problem with this. Its all about how their precious program has been unjustly punished. Whatever.

Reaction Score
Royer is not leaving Penn St. just leaving the football team. Will finish his degree at PSU and move on. He was one of those classic 6'3 220lb 4-star linebackers who ended up being 6'1 205 lbs. Redshirted for year, didn't set foot on the field as a RS sophomore and became an undersized TE this year at 6'1 230 and was 3rd on the depth chart. Not a huge loss for PSU, just a classic example of the craziness of the star system and the pumping up of PSU commits. UConn has multiple 2 or 3 star LBs that just blow away Royer on the field

Reaction Score
Whether Penn St fesses up or continues to deny, do UConn fans need to wallow in that gutter with cheap shots and wishes of misfortune?

Reaction Score
Whether Penn St fesses up or continues to deny, do UConn fans need to wallow in that gutter with cheap shots and wishes of misfortune?

Yes. And if you don't like it.....tough.

Reaction Score

When UConn can land a top notch kid from in state after his dream school implodes, maybe then...... Sucks that zero PSU defectors opted for UConn.I'm sure the status of BE didn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom