Prince Ali (Committed to UCLA) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Prince Ali (Committed to UCLA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
not elite? They made the final four from 06-08.
All depends on the definition of Elite.

Last ten years NC: UConn x 2, UF x2, UNC x 2, UL, UK, Duke, KU.

If NC is the classification for Elite, they aren't. They could arguably fall somewhere between 8-15 though. I'm not sure who would be ahead of them at 8 actually. That run of Final Fours is impressive. Still if you define elite as having won the whole thing, they miss out.

MSU, Cuse and maybe Zona have an argument to be ahead as all three have more recent titles and are still relevant (thus why Maryland is not, them being irrelevant).

It has been nearly 20 years since UCLAs last title though.

Reaction Score
No you can't expect that, and it is such a butthurt attitude when people get worked up about kids changing their mind like it is a personal insult. It's that old Boston Red Sox ( pre this century)/ New England inferiority complex that permeates many Uconn fans and alway raises the hackles at any perceived knock to the program.
It's not a knock on UConn, and if I was 17 years old UCLA would look damn good to me too. Westwood is incredible. I don't hold it against him.

It's one reason I don't really invest myself in recruiting as much as others. My loyalty to a player starts when they put on a Uconn jersey.
For me to get upset about players who decommit 2 seasons before they are due here or at players who have us on their short list and choose to go somewhere else would make for a pretty melancholy life.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate recruiting news and the work that people put in to provide it. It is fun to think about the different players that may be here. I just draw the line at getting upset when something doesn't go our way. It seems pointless. Kids are kids.

This post makes so much sense that I actually thought I had left the BY and was reading a different forum.

Reaction Score
I really wanted this 17 year old kid, who I have never met or even seen in person,to choose a different college (one that benefits me) but I guess its his decision after all.

Thank God no one followed by college decision making process, where I picked the worst school academically on my list, but the one with the best weather and most beautiful girls.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
The kid obviously was never all in here so good riddance. Really don't want a kid if his big focus is PT. Won't be the last one we lose like that, sure as heck not the first.

On the downside, DHam heard the news and immediately withdrew from summer classes via Twitter. Last seen late last night at Bradley trying to catch a standby flight to LAX.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Rumor is that Prince went for the swim program at Pauley as much of the basketball.

Reaction Score
“Isn't it strange how princes and kings,
and clowns that caper in sawdust rings,
and common people, like you and me,
are builders for eternity?

UConn has built a dynasty recruiting common folk. That's how we roll...

Reaction Score
JA is a much better get- I wish him well- unless we play UCLA and then I hope he gets red eye and is quarantined.

Nah I hope he plays.. and JA embarrasses him

caw

Reaction Score
Any stud concerned about playing time, or the number of players at his position at a potential school has a legitimate concern. Sure he may feel he's better than the others but why take on the challenge if he doesn't have to?

There are many cases where a coach and player didn't get along (or the stud just didn't fit into the system) and careers were ruined or negatively impacted. If its an abundance of competition then he did the right thing for himself. How can he be blamed or faulted?

Its not fear or being scared, its just a calculated decision which I respect. We will be fine and he will be fine.

Agree.

Bryce Alford (Jr*) vs Cassell (RS Jr*)
Isaac Hamilton (RS- So*) vs Purvis (RS Jr*)
Aaron Holiday (Fr*) vs Adams (Fr*)
Noah Allen (Jr*) vs Calhoun (Sr*)
Norman Powell (SR) vs Samuel (Jr)

An that's not including Hamilton (So*) at UConn. I'd say competition is stiffer at UConn for PT assuming no one leaves early.

Ali seems like a good kid and has a good amount of potential but he has a lot to work on also. He also seems to be a bit rash in making decisions (committing to UConn ten decommits go after UConn wins it all, then committing to UCLA without visiting). Why not visit first, then commit? Just an odd decision based on his expressed reason for decommitting.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I hope he gets rickets and a nasty sunburn.

Can you get both of those at the same time? Isn't the sun the cure
for rickets or was that the joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member