Prince Ali (Committed to UCLA) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prince Ali (Committed to UCLA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Unlike some, I won't badmouth his choice if this indeed is his ultimate choice but this contradicts everything he said about being close to NY and using his visits because he committed to UConn too early without taking any other visits. Especially since he just committed to UCLA without taking a visit there. But whatever, good luck to him.

It's almost like those weren't the real reasons he de-committed! But really, can't blame him for wanting PT and the glamour of UCLA.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Gurleyman said:
Our #2 and #3 scorers last year were decommits from other places. Not to mention the leader of our first title. Can't expect it to never happen in the other direction.

No you can't expect that, and it is such a butthurt attitude when people get worked up about kids changing their mind like it is a personal insult. It's that old Boston Red Sox ( pre this century)/ New England inferiority complex that permeates many Uconn fans and alway raises the hackles at any perceived knock to the program.
It's not a knock on UConn, and if I was 17 years old UCLA would look damn good to me too. Westwood is incredible. I don't hold it against him.

It's one reason I don't really invest myself in recruiting as much as others. My loyalty to a player starts when they put on a Uconn jersey.
For me to get upset about players who decommit 2 seasons before they are due here or at players who have us on their short list and choose to go somewhere else would make for a pretty melancholy life.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate recruiting news and the work that people put in to provide it. It is fun to think about the different players that may be here. I just draw the line at getting upset when something doesn't go our way. It seems pointless. Kids are kids.

Reaction Score
No you can't expect that, and it is such a butthurt attitude when people get worked up about kids changing their mind like it is a personal insult. It's that old Boston Red Sox ( pre this century)/ New England inferiority complex that permeates many Uconn fans and alway raises the hackles at any perceived knock to the program.
It's not a knock on UConn, and if I was 17 years old UCLA would look damn good to me too. Westwood is incredible. I don't hold it against him.

It's one reason I don't really invest myself in recruiting as much as others. My loyalty to a player starts when they put on a Uconn jersey.
For me to get upset about players who decommit 2 seasons before they are due here or at players who have us on their short list and choose to go somewhere else would make for a pretty melancholy life.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate recruiting news and the work that people put in to provide it. It is fun to think about the different players that may be here. I just draw the line at getting upset when something doesn't go our way. It seems pointless. Kids are kids.

This. Some people in this thread are coming across really poorly. Bragging because you unfollowed a teenager on Twitter? Really?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Betty White: "Why do people always say "grow a pair" when they want you to toughen up? Testicles are super sensitive and one good shot and you're on your knees. Instead, they should say, "grow a vagina." Those things take a pounding."

What a little minx. Just crushing dick.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Only time I get worked up is if a great local kid were to look elsewhere. For instance, I would have been pissed if Drummond f-cked off to Kentucky.

This is why I want to keep Enoch. And Tremont Waters. And why I was psyched at the JA commitment. I consider Roxbury "ours" now.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
It's almost like those weren't the real reasons he de-committed! But really, can't blame him for wanting PT and the glamour of UCLA.

Yeah, I'm still under the impression that he really decommitted because he was miffed at all the guards KO was recruiting at the time (Adams, Briscoe, Newman, etc.).

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I mean what's the difference between that and not wanting competition for PT?

Prince's stock was rising in the summer and maybe he felt he was on par with Newman, Trier, Briscoe, etc. so he may have been slighted seeing UConn's name connected to an abundance of guards especially after he committed. The purpose of recruiting is to make a player feel wanted and maybe Prince didn't feel as wanted as he once was. Again, I really don't know.

Reaction Score
He wouldn't have played here for years & he knew it ...so he went to a lesser team :)

Reaction Score
Prince's stock was rising in the summer and maybe he felt he was on par with Newman, Trier, Briscoe, etc. so he may have been slighted seeing UConn's name connected to an abundance of guards especially after he committed. The purpose of recruiting is to make a player feel wanted and maybe Prince didn't feel as wanted as he once was. Again, I really don't know.
Yeah I thought that's what you meant, because Jalen committeded in spite of the same scenario and while we continue to recruit other guards

Reaction Score
Any stud concerned about playing time, or the number of players at his position at a potential school has a legitimate concern. Sure he may feel he's better than the others but why take on the challenge if he doesn't have to?

There are many cases where a coach and player didn't get along (or the stud just didn't fit into the system) and careers were ruined or negatively impacted. If its an abundance of competition then he did the right thing for himself. How can he be blamed or faulted?

Its not fear or being scared, its just a calculated decision which I respect. We will be fine and he will be fine.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Good luck prince. We got JA, purv, d.ham, tsam, samjr, oc. We'll be fine at guard U without ya.

Reaction Score
JA is a much better get- I wish him well- unless we play UCLA and then I hope he gets red eye and is quarantined.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
"Vitriol" really? ….harsh, nasty?

You need to grow a pair if what I replied with was vitriol………save your vitriol for opposing fans. ;)

If I had a problem with anything you said, I would've called you out by name...that was a generic statement because I've seen how out of hand things can get here.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Betty White: "Why do people always say "grow a pair" when they want you to toughen up? Testicles are super sensitive and one good shot and you're on your knees. Instead, they should say, "grow a vagina." Those things take a pounding."
Perhaps the most disturbing post ever on the boneyard....not for the subject matter but because you are quoting Betty White.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Congrats to Prince. I wish him well, but he's dead to me now. In fact I won't even use his name anymore, instead I will refer to him at the artist who was formerly (almost) known as a Husky.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I hope his dorm room has bed bugs and that he's randomly selected for a TSA cavity search every time UCLA flies.

Reaction Score
Fishy said:
I hope his dorm room has bed bugs and that he's randomly selected for a TSA cavity search every time UCLA flies.

Maybe the guy has a dream of playing basketball and becoming a plumber, and UCLA presents a unique opportunity to develop both skills.

Who are we to criticize a guy pursuing his dreams?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Glamor in my opinion is with the National Champions, not with a team that has been good but not elite over the last ten years

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Glamor in my opinion is with the National Champions, not with a team that has been good but not elite over the last ten years
not elite? They made the final four from 06-08.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom