OT: Prayers Requested | The Boneyard

OT: Prayers Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For the second time in 8 years, I have a partial nephrectomy scheduled. I have renal cell carcinoma of the papillary (apparently less serious) type that needs to be removed. I had the same procedure, done laparoscopically with the DaVinci Robot, in 2006, and it worked beautifully. I'm hoping for equally good results this time.

Surgery is set for 7:30 AM tomorrow. With any luck, I'll be back to posting by Wednesday or so, probably even less coherently than usual, as the pain meds are quite powerful.

I know many of you are people of faith and some have magical powers in terms of creating good vibes or influencing karma, mojo, etc. Anything along those lines would be greatly appreciated. I hope to be healthy so I can attend the Team USA game in Bridgeport, all the games in Turkey, and the Final Four in Tampa.

Thanks in advance.

Milford/Ken

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Good luck, prayers are with you.

My mother had to have a complete and successful removal of one Kidney years ago, but it turned out not to be cancerous. Hopefully your surgery is successful both short and long term.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ken -

Make sure the lead surgeon is not a Notre Dame fan before you let the anesthesiologist anywhere near your bed!
He's a USC grad (BS and MD). I pointed out that my niece went there. :)

Last time, the anesthesiologist said he went to Penn. I told him I did too, but hadn't finished my doctorate. I jokingly said I hoped he had finished his.

I hope the docs are more awake than I am.

Last edited:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Best wishes Ken...remember that you have many Boneyard obligations coming up....we need ya'.

Reaction Score
MIL: Delivered already as requested....along with best wishes at a more earthly level. I, for one, will find it very hard to distinguish between the medicated MIL and the non-medicated MIL in terms of the lucidity of your posts, so fear not on all fronts! :cool: Stay well, Ken......Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom