OT: Paul Millsap signs for 3YR/$60M | The Boneyard

OT: Paul Millsap signs for 3YR/$60M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
As of this moment, Sammy Mejia is dominating in the Turkish Basketball League and occasionally clubbing "hooligans".

On January 7, 2015, in a Eurocup away game against Budućnost Podgorica, he was involved in the incident. With two minutes of game remaining, a hooligan ran into the court and hit him from the back, after which his teammate Rowland KOed the hooligan. Mejía later joined Rowland in the brawl. Referee later ejected both players from the court.[6] He was fined by the ULEB for taking part in the incident with three games of suspension and 30,000 euros.[7]

Ninety-five percent of you will have no idea what this is about - this post is not for you, so go away.

Reaction Score
I do remember there was a poster who was really high on Millsap coming out of HS, wanted uconn to get him badly. Was it Dogmania?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
As of this moment, Sammy Mejia is dominating in the Turkish Basketball League and occasionally clubbing "hooligans".

On January 7, 2015, in a Eurocup away game against Budućnost Podgorica, he was involved in the incident. With two minutes of game remaining, a hooligan ran into the court and hit him from the back, after which his teammate Rowland KOed the hooligan. Mejía later joined Rowland in the brawl. Referee later ejected both players from the court.[6] He was fined by the ULEB for taking part in the incident with three games of suspension and 30,000 euros.[7]

Ninety-five percent of you will have no idea what this is about - this post is not for you, so go away.

Yes, I tried to make a reference to this classic contest of prognostication, but mixed up the non-Millsap one (Mejia) with another Big East guy who did not pan out as expected.

I wonder if the loser in this contest is plucky and gritty enough to own the massive fail here.

Reaction Score
Fishy used to write and "odds and ends" recap and was high on Millsap from Day 1. If I recall correctly, nyhuskyfan (now Gurleyman) was more locked into Mejia. I know I'm right on the Millsap piece though and always followed his line after that. Those posts. Yup. You were right, Fish.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Good for Milsap. His "Stranger in my House" was one of the first videos I remember on MTV.

It's not quite as good as money as some of the female singers are getting for their residencies in Vegas, but that money is nothing to sneeze at for a blind white guy of his age.

Reaction Score
Ah yes...the old days of TOS. I used to post a lot more under a different handle in those days. But clearly remember Milsap getting to La. Tech and Fishy warning of an "I told you so".

Reaction Score
Deepster said:
Fishy used to write and "odds and ends" recap and was high on Millsap from Day 1. If I recall correctly, nyhuskyfan (now Gurleyman) was more locked into Mejia. I know I'm right on the Millsap piece though and always followed his line after that. Those posts. Yup. You were right, Fish.

It continues to feel like I lost a race I didn't even know I was in. I might have like, stretched or something, first.

Sadly, my actual point was brilliant - Sammy Mejia, who was backing up Mickey D's guard Mike Jones on their AAU team - looked like a better college prospect than Jones. I don't often have brilliant insight. That was as good as it gets from me. And Fishy ruined it.

This is why we don't exchange Christmas cards any more.

Reaction Score
Drummond wants his extension now and I think the Pistons have to keep the big fella happy, I expect him to get something huge like 5 years 120 million. Khris Middleton just got 5 years 70 million, the money is insane and with the new tv deal the contracts are only going up in future years.

Reaction Score
Dogbreath2U said:
Yes, I tried to make a reference to this classic contest of prognostication, but mixed up the non-Millsap one (Mejia) with another Big East guy who did not pan out as expected. I wonder if the loser in this contest is plucky and gritty enough to own the massive fail here.

Did not pan out? (Granted "best player at DePaul" is a pretty low bar to hurdle - perhaps I am not doing myself any favors here).

http://www.bigeastcoastbias.com/2014/8/12/5993145/depaul-blue-demons-best-player-2000s-sammy-mejia

Reaction Score
i followed millsaps recruitment, wasn't on the yard though. i remember his uncle would put him through the craziest workouts for a high schooler....he was in the top percentile as far as physical shape in d1 when he entered, no wondered he dominated the ncaa rebounding rankings.

Reaction Score
Dogbreath2U said:
Did not pan out in the competition with Millsap in terms of who would have the better NBA career. That was the question, was it not?

Actually, I think when Fishy announced that he and I were in a competition, he based it on who would be the better college player. Which was still Millsap by a mile. I lose that head to head faceoff between those two no matter how you compare them - other than alphabetical (barely).

Reaction Score
You realize Millsap just signed a 60 million dollar deal, right?

Reaction Score
Deepster said:
You realize Millsap just signed a 60 million dollar deal, right?

If you Google Mike Jones, and then re-Google for "Mike Jones Maryland" since the other way gets you a lot of rapper stories on the first couple pages, the first thing that comes up after Wikipedia is "Whatever Happened To Mike Jones?"

http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/whatever-happen-mike-jones

My horse beat the horses I was racing him against. Then someone entered him against Seattle Slew when I wasn't looking.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
There's no other way to put it- Fishy had a Paul Millsap fetish

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
If you Google Mike Jones, and then re-Google for "Mike Jones Maryland" since the other way gets you a lot of rapper stories on the first couple pages, the first thing that comes up after Wikipedia is "Whatever Happened To Mike Jones?"

http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/whatever-happen-mike-jones

My horse beat the horses I was racing him against. Then someone entered him against Seattle Slew when I wasn't looking.

Sounds like revisionist history to me, but done with a nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom