OT: Pats-Colts | Page 21 | The Boneyard

OT: Pats-Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any dumber, Patriots apologists start talking about 11 lb. footballs.

Ive never encountered a poster having more difficulty with posts than you, and that's saying something. It's pretty clear that the 3 or 4 posters referencing 11 pound balls are referring to many in the media who somehow inexplicably made this mistake, including the one writer highlighted on ESPN giving his write-up of Brady's PC: Ian O'Connor.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
"His program" was guilty of improper contract with a recruit. He is responsible for that contact and if you choose to believe he really didn't know anything about what was going on, that's your choice. The NCAA apparently didn't care about that piece and it really doesn't matter at the end of the day. If you asked me my opinion? Knowing the level of control he has with everything related to the program? It's impossible that he was unaware of it. Nevertheless, he was suspended accordingly for the violation. "He" was guilty.
So Jim Calhoun never cheated but "his program did." Okay that's a bit of progress. What exactly did "the program do."

Reaction Score
superjohn said:
Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any dumber, Patriots apologists start talking about 11 lb. footballs.

Eh you made it pretty dumb yourself. Guys, Mark Brunell is crying about this!!

Reaction Score
Eh you made it pretty dumb yourself. Guys, Mark Brunell is crying about this!!

How is him posting what happened, and when many news media reports said the same, considered dumb?

Reaction Score
zyron said:
How is him posting what happened, and when many news media reports said the same, considered dumb?

I give zero duck about this nonstory so I'm not going to waste a ton of time on this but posting that some broke, washed up quarterback is literally crying about deflated balls on television as if it's proof of something is monumentally dumb. Granted, is it necessarily dumber than saying Brady's press conference was intended to prevent sales of Uggs from declining or some credentialed reporter talking about the weight of the balls, maybe not.

But this entire story is exhibit A of our national pastime of making, packaging and selling manufactured outrage over non-events and, frankly, guys like Superjohn are the target market.

Reaction Score
All this after an unprecedented 6th Super Bowl for Brady.

How in the world does this 6th rd draft choice do it? No one else has ever been able to do it.

Must be... deflation. Or, ineligible receivers. Or, something else: make it up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thanks to this thread I no longer feel any shame about any ridiculous argument I had on the Boneyard.

I will say that I enjoy when Superjohn and Bigern go at each other. Highly entertaining.

Reaction Score
I give zero duck about this nonstory so I'm not going to waste a ton of time on this but posting that some broke, washed up quarterback is literally crying about deflated balls on television as if it's proof of something is monumentally dumb. Granted, is it necessarily dumber than saying Brady's press conference was intended to prevent sales of Uggs from declining or some credentialed reporter talking about the weight of the balls, maybe not.

But this entire story is exhibit A of our national pastime of making, packaging and selling manufactured outrage over non-events and, frankly, guys like Superjohn are the target market.
BigErnMcCraken gives zero duck about this nonstory, that's why he's on a message board continually commenting on it. BigErn calling Brunell broke and washed up is hilarious, right up there with Chief hanging out with Drummond.

Reaction Score

The only interesting comment Belichick made today was about Spygate. And he said a lot of teams were doing it. And it's not just that he was flippantly saying they do it, but for him to say that, it's going to come back to bite him. He needs backup. And, the only thing I can think of is what Michael Holley (NY Times, Chicago Tribune, Boston Globe writer) wrote years ago in one of his books. When Belichick handed over the Spygate tapes to Roger Goodell, he also handed over proof and videotape of all the teams that were doing it.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Here's the MS version of the same PR:

link

Reaction Score
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...chick_defends_patriots_on_deflategate_we.html

BB didn't double down, he bet the whole house. Now you will really start to see the players and fans rally around him. Most fans had some doubt but not anymore. BB will tell the team it's them against the world.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2015/01/bill_belichick_defends_patriots_on_deflategate_we.html

Pats are betting the house that 1) no one within the organization will fess that they did it under Belichick's and/or Brady's order and 2) there is not video evidence showing a Pats official playing with the ball. The old 'no body, no crime' defense. This is clear because the NFL advised that it has hired an outside firm to review video evidence. If someone comes forward or a photo comes out, the Pats are screwed as they will get nailed for 1) breaking a rule, even if its enforcement was been poor over the years, and 2) lying about it.

I still think the best thing the Pats could have done was during the press conference would have been for Brady to say - "Yeah, I like my balls underinflated and had the equipment manager prep them. I've been doing it for years and so have most of the other QB's in the NFL. I'm sorry. It won't happen again." The NFL does not want this to continue to be THE STORY leading up to the Super Bowl. Brady fessing up would have killed the story then and there. No suspensions, no draft picks and a nominal fine and everyone could move on to the game itself.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The only interesting comment Belichick made today was about Spygate. And he said a lot of teams were doing it. And it's not just that he was flippantly saying they do it, but for him to say that, it's going to come back to bite him. He needs backup. And, the only thing I can think of is what Michael Holley (NY Times, Chicago Tribune, Boston Globe writer) wrote years ago in one of his books. When Belichick handed over the Spygate tapes to Roger Goodell, he also handed over proof and videotape of all the teams that were doing it.

Wow! 'We didn't do it." "It doesn't affect anything" "Everyone else does it"
They stayed with the same playbook.
Look, the deflation thing is minor. It did not affect that game. But let go of it. The world is not picking on the Pats.

Reaction Score
Wow! 'We didn't do it." "It doesn't affect anything" "Everyone else does it"
They stayed with the same playbook.
Look, the deflation thing is minor. It did not affect that game. But let go of it. The world is not picking on the Pats.

If you think that's how Belichick operates, you're mistaken.

The guy has a devil's book. It'll all come out. Today was just a taste f it. And yeah, he's right. If you're spying in plain sight with a giant camera, and the codes are available for all to see, then maybe the right word isn't "spy"-gate.

Reaction Score
Pats are betting the house that 1) no one within the organization will fess that they did it under Belichick's and/or Brady's order and 2) there is not video evidence showing a Pats official playing with the ball. The old 'no body, no crime' defense. This is clear because the NFL advised that it has hired an outside firm to review video evidence. If someone comes forward or a photo comes out, the Pats are screwed as they will get nailed for 1) breaking a rule, even if its enforcement was been poor over the years, and 2) lying about it.

I still think the best thing the Pats could have done was during the press conference would have been for Brady to say - "Yeah, I like my balls underinflated and had the equipment manager prep them. I've been doing it for years and so have most of the other QB's in the NFL. I'm sorry. It won't happen again." The NFL does not want this to continue to be THE STORY leading up to the Super Bowl. Brady fessing up would have killed the story then and there. No suspensions, no draft picks and a nominal fine and everyone could move on to the game itself.

Why didn't the NFL train a camera on the balls? They were forewarned by the Colts and Ravens.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
If you're spying in plain sight with a giant camera, and the codes are available for all to see, then maybe the right word isn't "spy"-gate.

Yes it is.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Why didn't the NFL train a camera on the balls? They were forewarned by the Colts and Ravens.

The plot against the Pats, obviously
Also, Why could Eli play better in 2 Superbowls than his more talented brother? Pretty sure the Giants replaced him with Peyton but hypnotized Peyton to believe it was a regular season game.
The indignities the Pats have suffered are beyond the suffering of the Armenians, the Jews and the Cambodians all rolled into one

Reaction Score
If you think that's how Belichick operates, you're mistaken.

The guy has a devil's book. It'll all come out. Today was just a taste f it. And yeah, he's right.

You are like, totally in love with him and Brady, aren't you.

Reaction Score
The plot against the Pats, obviously
Also, Why could Eli play better in 2 Superbowls than his more talented brother? Pretty sure the Giants replaced him with Peyton but hypnotized Peyton to believe it was a regular season game.
The indignities the Pats have suffered are beyond the suffering of the Armenians, the Jews and the Cambodians all rolled into one

You just went Godwin's law. In other words, you lost the argument.

You are making some kind of point about Eli Manning. Good for you.

You also seem unaware of what has been reported. There are news articles everywhere describing the Ravens/Colts alerting the NFL. There are links in this very thread, and they're not provided by me.

Reaction Score
He kicked your butt today. I hope you didn't put money on that prediction.

I didn't know he was talking to me. The only prediction I made is that the Pats will lose a first round pick, which I still think is going to happen.

Devil's book, oooohhhh, Belichick is such a genius.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I feel bad. If my wife was on trial for murder I wouldn't defend her as passionately as Upstater defends Bellichek.

Reaction Score
I feel bad. If my wife was on trial for murder I wouldn't defend her as passionately as Upstater defends Bellichek.

Go on the sports board and read his defense of Brady when Rodgers was called the better QB. He actually argues that QB rating is unfairly calculated against Brady, no one else, just Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom