OT: Pats-Colts | Page 20 | The Boneyard

OT: Pats-Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The entire world knows they're talking about air-pressure.

Except, apparently, the dullard who just posted above me.

There's at least one other person. Ian O'Connor of ESPN. He actually thought footballs weighed 13 pounds.
And, a bunch of people at the Brady press conference, they definitely thought it was weight, and one (the Herald's Ron Borges) even did calculations based on weight.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nate Miles?
And what exactly did Jim Calhoun do that was cheating? What game did Miles give them an unfair advantage?

Reaction Score
And what exactly did Jim Calhoun do that was cheating? What game did Miles give them an unfair advantage?
And what advantage did the deflated ball play in this game? They outscored Indy 17-7 with these illegal balls than outscored them 28-0 with the new legal balls. The point here is that people don't think the ball affected the outcome of the game rather the fact the Pats broke a rule. Nate Miles didn't effect the outcome of games but Calhoun broke a rule that was in place.

Reaction Score
My favorite moments so far have been, in no particular order, (1) Sal Paolantonio's theory that Brady's press-conference was intended to prevent a decline in the sale of Uggs, (2) the "what are we going to tell the children?" question from Brady's press conference, and (3) Mark Brunell literally crying on television about this.

What a country.

Reaction Score
My favorite moments so far have been, in no particular order, (1) Sal Paolantonio's theory that Brady's press-conference was intended to prevent a decline in the sale of Uggs, (2) the "what are we going to tell the children?" question from Brady's press conference, and (3) Mark Brunell literally crying on television about this.

What a country.
I think this has gotten more coverage than Rice beating his girl to smithereens and Adrian Peterson beating his kid with a tree branch. It's a football that everyone openly admits had no effect on the game yet this it's being portrayed as being worse than Al-qaeda and AIDS combined. Give me a break

Reaction Score

The reason I posted this is because I have heard more than one member of the media state that the balls "weighed" or "were put on a scale".

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And what advantage did the deflated ball play in this game? They outscored Indy 17-7 with these illegal balls than outscored them 28-0 with the new legal balls. The point here is that people don't think the ball affected the outcome of the game rather the fact the Pats broke a rule. Nate Miles didn't effect the outcome of games but Calhoun broke a rule that was in place.
...and what rule did he break Fartman?

Reaction Score

I 'd be shocked if throwing a 12 pound ball wasn't part of someones thought process.

Reaction Score
Nope, don't post a link. You tell me where you believe coach Calhoun the cheated.

"His program" was guilty of improper contract with a recruit. He is responsible for that contact and if you choose to believe he really didn't know anything about what was going on, that's your choice. The NCAA apparently didn't care about that piece and it really doesn't matter at the end of the day. If you asked me my opinion? Knowing the level of control he has with everything related to the program? It's impossible that he was unaware of it. Nevertheless, he was suspended accordingly for the violation. "He" was guilty.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
"His program" was guilty of improper contract with a recruit. He is responsible for that contact and if you choose to believe he really didn't know anything about what was going on, that's your choice. The NCAA apparently didn't care about that piece and it really doesn't matter at the end of the day. If you asked me my opinion? Knowing the level of control he has with everything related to the program? It's impossible that he was unaware of it. Nevertheless, he was suspended accordingly for the violation. "He" was guilty.
The only thing Calhoun was truly guilty of was being the head coach of a championship program that was to be excluded from the the P-5.
UConn's men's basketball program was and is the 800 hundred lb gorilla in the P-5 offices. How can you justify forming super conferences for football and basketball by leaving the best BB program out. You can't. So try to destroy the program. Recruiting violations for a guy who never played a second? Please. Trying to avoid a major lawsuit on antitrust collusion? Yes.

Reaction Score

A 12 pound ball would be very hard for Blount to jam down the Colts' throats. The deflated ball makes it much easier.

Reaction Score
A 12 pound ball would be very hard for Blount to jam down the Colts' throats. The deflated ball makes it much easier.

Yes but it would have been a "legal" ball he was trying to shove down their throats if it were at 12 up!;)

Reaction Score
Yes but it would have been a "legal" ball he was trying to shove down their throats if it were at 12 up!;)

No, it would have been way off. A legal ball is 14 ounces. You're talking about a ball that weighs 200+ ounces.

Reaction Score
IMG_1057.jpg

Don't worry upstater, Crack and gang this will all be forgotten as long as you bring this home:

IMG_1062.jpg

Reaction Score
Nope, not a hater.

Giants fans are really funny. Of all teams--the place where Belichick cut his teeth. Coughlin gets a few chuckles too.

Just having some fun. Belichick also cut his teeth at Wesleyan and I'm not a fan.;)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Clearly, the Pats are the victim here. Lets start a fundraiser.
I'm knitting Pats pom-pom hats to sell for the cause. Just like the adorable one Tommy wears.

Upstater, you need three, right? One for each head?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I have a line of 10 psi Pats footballs.
Setting up a benefit concert too. So far I have Milli Vanilli.

Reaction Score
Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any dumber, Patriots apologists start talking about 11 lb. footballs.

Reaction Score
Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any dumber, Patriots apologists start talking about 11 lb. footballs.
To be fair, numerous people have made this dumb mistake. It's all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom