OT - Patriots | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT - Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What have you been seeing for a few years? I mean, 2012-2013 was fantastic. The poor play began last season.

Aha! Finally got the year right! Its funny that you mention "the poor play began last season," which was in fact 2013-2014, the year that, according to your earlier posts (two of them, not just one) both Brady and the Patriots had their best season offensively.

Reaction Score
This is your second post. I bolded and italicized the sentence in question this time too. As you can see you also stated here (you even reiterated it from your first post) that :"the Patriots had their best offensive year in 2013-2014". You switched from just Brady to the team here, but regardless you still have the year wrong.

You have a great difficulty reading. Several posts ago I wrote that I got it right the first time I mentioned it and messed it up the second time. I also said that I got it right the third time I mentioned it. The whole point should be crystal clear regardless because of the context. I wrote that Brady had his best year in 2013-2014 and just a few months later when Hernandez, Gronk, Welker and Lloyd weren't on the field, the offense suffered. It should be obvious to you what year I was talking about. In all but one instance I wrote it was 2012-2013. And I even wrote a post about that.

Now, what's your excuse for using a 2012 article as evidence that the 2012-2013 Patriots are NOT the 4th best scoring O of all time.

Reaction Score
Now, let me say this again. Brady did NOT have his best year ever in 2013-2014. He really didnt have his best year in 2012-2013 either... you can argue the team did (I can see your points there)... but Brady definitely has his best year in 2007. I hope thats clear enough for you... afterall you were the one who said it.

I'm not going to address the idiotic points about the year since it was already addressed a long time ago (and I find it bizarre that you're sticking to that, especially since you're the guy that used a 2012 link to say I was making up stats, and you haven't even admitted your error) but fantasy football fans like you put so much emphasis on things like QB ratings or QBR without realizing those stats do not account for a team's points. They only count passing TDs. A team like the Patriots that scored 26 rushing TDs (a very high total) does not figure in the QBs stats at all. Which is ridiculous. In fact, if you including Brady's rushing TDs into his QB ratings, it would have jumped another 5 points.

Reaction Score
You have a great difficulty reading. Several posts ago I wrote that I got it right the first time I mentioned it and messed it up the second time. I also said that I got it right the third time I mentioned it. The whole point should be crystal clear regardless because of the context. I wrote that Brady had his best year in 2013-2014 and just a few months later when Hernandez, Gronk, Welker and Lloyd weren't on the field, the offense suffered. It should be obvious to you what year I was talking about. In all but one instance I wrote it was 2012-2013. And I even wrote a post about that.

Now, what's your excuse for using a 2012 article as evidence that the 2012-2013 Patriots are NOT the 4th best scoring O of all time.

OK so just so we are on same page here, please tell me what year you are claiming Brady had his best year.

Why do I need an excuse? I posted a dated link, my mistake. Big deal.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to address the idiotic points about the year since it was already addressed a long time ago (and I find it bizarre that you're sticking to that, especially since you're the guy that used a 2012 link to say I was making up stats, and you haven't even admitted your error) but fantasy football fans like you put so much emphasis on things like QB ratings or QBR without realizing those stats do not account for a team's points. They only count passing TDs. A team like the Patriots that scored 26 rushing TDs (a very high total) does not figure in the QBs stats at all. Which is ridiculous. In fact, if you including Brady's rushing TDs into his QB ratings, it would have jumped another 5 points.

Ha.. yes fantasy football fans...I'll ignore your childish jab there, and continue stating facts.

Let's take out QBR then and go back to my other points, which you elected to ignore. The 2007 team still scored more points than the 2012 team, Brady won the MVP, and they went undefeated in the regular season.

Reaction Score
How does the NFL manage to schedule a team coming off Monday night against a team with a bye week?

I mean, they can't do better than that?

Oh, poor babies. Seeing how 90% of every important December game has been a home game for the last decade, my heart absolutely bleeds here.

Reaction Score
Oh, poor babies. Seeing how 90% of every important December game has been a home game for the last decade, my heart absolutely bleeds here.

Patriots actually don't play important games in December. Ever. They all come around network sweeps weeks about a month before December. We get division foes in December. Can't remember a big December game in ages.

Reaction Score
OK so just so we are on same page here, please tell me what year you are claiming Brady had his best year.

Why do I need an excuse? I posted a dated link, my mistake. Big deal.

Great, you admitted it. As I did my mistake pages back. The rest of this is totally pointless. I already pointed out that QBR doesn't take into account rushing TDs at all, even by the QB. It's a stat that doesn't look at half the offense. For instance, the Patriots gained about 4700 through the air and 2100 on the ground, and yet the TD split was 34/26. From watching those games, I can tell you that the Patriots passed down to the 5 yard line and then ran it in, a lot. And that's a credit to the passing offense and the QB, since they accomplished this with Stevan Ridley.

Reaction Score
So answer the question then. What year did he have his best year? Not sure why you're still talking about QBR when I told you in my last post, even taking that stat out the 2007 offense scored more and won more games.

Reaction Score
So answer the question then. What year did he have his best year? Not sure why you're still talking about QBR when I told you in my last post, even taking that stat out the 2007 offense scored more and won more games.

You're asking me when he had his best year. I think I've only said that 5000 times in this thread. His best year was 2012-2013. That's the year he carried the team. When he had practically no help from the defense. And the team did everything on offense. If you back out 4th quarter pile-em-up scores from both years, the scoring is practically even. But the offense was simply an incredible machine in 2012-2013, whereas in 2007 they relied on a lot of jump balls to Randy Moss. If I'm not mistaken, Moss had about 20-23 TDs that year, and half of them were lollipop bombs for plus 30 yards.

Reaction Score
Anybody who was bashing Brady/Pats actually watch that game last night?? Haven't seen them that fired up in awhile,what a game!! Completely dismantled an undefeated team that was coming off a bye wk... enjoy that crow, GO PATS!!

Reaction Score
The Patriots hate is strong here. Just remember, its only 5 games in. They'll be much better come playoffs.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Anybody who was bashing Brady/Pats actually watch that game last night?? Haven't seen them that fired up in awhile,what a game!! Completely dismantled an undefeated team that was coming off a bye wk... enjoy that crow, GO PATS!!

You might as well add that the Pats were coming off a short week (MNF) as well.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
They played with fire and energy and looked like they were having fun. That was one of the biggest performance swings I've ever seen from an offensive line.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't mind the Pats bashing, their too cool for school act has worn thin. But I think Brady is underrated. Other teams work to add weapons in support of their QB. The Pats remove weapons and expect him to make up the difference. None of the other current greats have that pressure.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Getting a 1/2 seed and the BYE most years helps big time.... again, that results from having a great regular season record from beating inferior teams within your division. There's no arguing what I'm saying. AFC East has been one of the weakest divisions in football for a LONG time. Outside of the Patriots, no team in that division has had a consistent QB for more than 5 years running, let alone an average QB.
Except that their winning percentage vs. the rest of the league is virtually identical as their division winning percentage since Brady became the full time starter. It may even be better.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't think those helmets can into use until after spygate was uncovered - I think their first year was the year after the Patriots were caught filming defensive signals at Giants Stadium. (2007?)
I don't want to get into Spygate but clearly you don't know what Spygate was about.

The offensive plays are sent in to the QB through a radio in his helmet. Unless Edward Snowden has evidence that the Patriots tapped into those frequencies then you need to come up with another theory.
Spy-gate was about taping defensive hand signals, not offensive play calls. In 2008, the NFL began allowing 1 defensive player on the field to where a speaker as well.

Oh, and the entire league was trying to steal signs. It was part of the game, just like in baseball. The Patriots were caught because they were taping them and being blatant about it...especially vs. a rival coach (and former staff) who Belichick didn't endorse for his then position.

Reaction Score
Brady isn't off. This is who he is now. He's been like this all of last year and now this year. That's 20 games. He can't complete a pass in the air over 15 yards. His o line isn't great. And he doesn't have the greatest receivers anymore. But how hard is to play pass coverage when he literally doesn't try to throw it downfield, or when he does he sails the receiver by 10 yards.

I always thought he was overrated. Definitely a great great qb but not as good as Peyton and certainly not the god people make him out to be. He's always had a great system, a great O line, a great d for most of it, and by far the best coach in the league. 20 games going now and he's had a passer rating ranked in the 20s in the league.

:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Go back and look at Brady's numbers early last year. It was ugly.

Those of you saying he's overrated may want to consider what happened in the last 24 months.

Brady had his best year ever in 2013-2014 when the Patriots scored the 4th most points in NFL history. So next September comes around, and he's pronounced finished because he can't complete passes.

In December, he was throwing to Gronkowski, Wes Welker, Aaron Hernandez and Brandon Lloyd (who caught 70-80 passes). In September, he was throwing to none of these guys. None of them were on the field, and when Gronk came back, he tore his knee ligaments badly.

That's what's changed.

You may have noticed that he's now throwing to Edelman (who is fantastic), a gimpy Gronk, and a bunch of JAGs at WR who were unwanted by former teams.

When you have no one to throw to, it's a night and day difference.

The JAGS are now AWOGs (another wide open guy) and Gronk (who still hasn't found his top gear) is coming on strong.

Still, we'll see how far they can go with bad injuries to Jerod Mayo, Stevan Ridley and now Chandler Jones.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I have to admit - I was premature on my original post. It really looked bad after that game. I should know better than to underestimate what Belichick can do with any given roster. If you're starting a new team and can have any QB or head coach, you take Belicheck and let him work. QBs can get hurt, get old quickly, or go through bad spells. Genius on the sidelines doesn't evaporate easily.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I have to admit - I was premature on my original post. It really looked bad after that game. I should know better than to underestimate what Belichick can do with any given roster. If you're starting a new team and can have any QB or head coach, you take Belicheck and let him work. QBs can get hurt, get old quickly, or go through bad spells. Genius on the sidelines doesn't evaporate easily.

That's OK. People have been calling for the Pats utter demised for 6 years or so now. I've learned there's a poor return in betting against BB and TB.

Reaction Score
Its the Bears. Bear fan here and our performance on offense this season has been an utter embarrassment and a disgrace. Cutler needs to go but unfortunately we are stuck with him. Cant see how we get rid of him.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Its the Bears. Bear fan here and our performance on offense this season has been an utter embarrassment and a disgrace. Cutler needs to go but unfortunately we are stuck with him. Cant see how we get rid of him.

Bears are def a dumpster fire right now, but the Pats were beating most teams today. With reference to Brady's supposed downfall (not directed at you as I'm sure you could care less):

What Brady has accomplished since an embarrassing blowout loss to the Kansas City Chiefs on Sept. 29 has been remarkable; he's 100-of-144 for 1,268 yards, 14 touchdowns and no interceptions.

I think the bears defense is harder to watch than the offense. It's non existent at times. Although, with all that talent on offense, you'd expect them to light up the scoreboard; not measuring up to expectations stings.

Just think, you could have Geno Smith. At least Cutler can complete a couple of passes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99