OT: Old Glory is not dissed or backward. . . | The Boneyard

OT: Old Glory is not dissed or backward. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
. . . on major league uniforms today, or on US Army uniforms every day.

I refer to the American flag displayed on the right sleeve, with the field of stars on the right. Many people may think this is a really stupid mistake. It isn't.

According to the flag code, the flag should appear (on the right sleeve) as it would to a viewer if s/he were observing it being carried by -- like in a parade. Thus the stars appear on the right, correctly and respectfully.

So be assured, Old Glory is being respected.

And, we will all agree, deservedly so.

God bless these United States of America!

Reaction Score

I refer to the American flag displayed on the right sleeve, with the field of stars on the right. Many people may think this is a really stupid mistake. It isn't.

According to the flag code, the flag should appear (on the right sleeve) as it would to a viewer if s/he were observing it being carried by -- like in a parade. Thus the stars appear on the right, correctly and respectfully.

True, stars forward, whether right sleeve or left. When on the right sleeve, it's called a reverse flag.

Reaction Score

Kibitzer---I'm sure like me you know too many young men, and some women, who have fought and died so that this flag may fly high and proud. Except when the flag is flown up-side down (distress), while not by the "code", it is flown with honor. The Flag not only represents the Nation but to me it represent all those who gave their lives so that we may live free. Thank you Kibitzer for this. I second your---God Bless these United States of America and add--God bless and protect our deployed men and women!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom