OT: Okay Bright Folk, Medical Question | The Boneyard

OT: Okay Bright Folk, Medical Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I never stop being amazed at the primitiveness of medical science so I reach out to my fellow Boneyarders because we are a wonderfully different but intelligent bunch. I had a stroke in early May that took my right side function and said see yah. Physically I have come back pretty good, but I have fairly good days and really not good days - the latter being associated with a horrible feeling of fatigue. My mentioning of this is producing blank stares among the medical cognesenti. I say-- Neigh, Neigh! Anyone have any info they can direct me to in order to arm me for my next interaction with the neurologist and my GP? Thanks

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
Thats what I LOVE about this group......

Ask and Ye shall receive!

Reaction Score
I'd like a pony, a Porsche, a house on the waterfront with a deepwater dock, a supermodel scientist girlfriend, my childhood baseball glove back, some really good chocolate and my youth back.

Boo
I'm with you! Semper fi :cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, Boo you certainly know how to keep it up tempo, don't cha. BTW I owned and regularly rode a 16-3 thoroughbred eventer and a 17 hand Dutch Warmblood on my horse farm in Fairfield County and took my sports car to its 170 mph limit. But, like you, I pine for my childhood baseball glove.

Last edited by a moderator:

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Well, Boo you certainly know how to keep it up tempo, don't cha. BTW I owned and regularly rode a 16-3 thoroughbred eventer and a 17 hand Dutch Warmblood on my horse farm in Fairfield County and took my sports car to its 170 mph limit. But, like you, I pine for my childhood baseball glove.
I grew up in Fairfield county on the waterfront... whatta a great way to grow up. I was very fortunate.

Waaaaay back in the old days I raced SCCA, but never came close to 170, heck, it seemed like half the time I couldn't get out of the pits. I love old things that ooze quality so rebuilding and restoring is an affliction of mine. I'm in the process of restoring/rebuilding a 1962 Bertram 31 SF... her name is Ruffian.

Boo

Last edited by a moderator:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I grew up in Fairfield county on the waterfront... whatta a great way to grow up. I was very fortunate.

Waaaaay back in the old days I raced SCCA, but never came close to 170, heck, it seemed like half the time I couldn't get out of the pits. I love old things that ooze quality so rebuilding and restoring is an affliction of mine. I'm in the process of restoring/rebuilding a 1962 Bertram 31 SF... her name is Ruffian.

Boo

Now Ruffian was a great race horse. Rag boats were never my thing, though I had some nice afternoons with an O'Day on the Charles River back in the day.

G

genosguy

I never stop being amazed at the primitiveness of medical science so I reach out to my fellow Boneyarders because we are a wonderfully different but intelligent bunch. I had a stroke in early May that took my right side function and said see yah. Physically I have come back pretty good, but I have fairly good days and really not good days - the latter being associated with a horrible feeling of fatigue. My mentioning of this is producing blank stares among the medical cognesenti. I say-- Neigh, Neigh! Anyone have any info they can direct me to in order to arm me for my next interaction with the neurologist and my GP? Thanks
Best advice---do what your doctor says. Work physically therapy as if it was a job. Ignore amateurs...

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I still have my high school softball glove.... And I graduated in '79. :)

Hope your recovery continues, Rocky...

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I still have my high school softball glove.... And I graduated in '79. :)

Hope your recovery continues, Rocky...

The well-oiled glove in my closet has a big "31" surrounded by stars on its palm...

And I echo part of Genosguy's advice. Treat rehab like a job: do it every day and put effort into it every day. (Unless you're injured.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is a long shot but ... since we're on the subject of fatigue, anyone have experience dealing with fatigue from psoriatic arthritis. It's similar to rheumatoid arthritis so that wd be close enough. I'm on Enbrel and the joint problems are pretty well under control. But I feel like the fatigue is gradually getting worse even though i am taking better care of myself than ever. Thoughts anyone?

Reaction Score
F
This is a long shot but ... since we're on the subject of fatigue, anyone have experience dealing with fatigue from psoriatic arthritis. It's similar to rheumatoid arthritis so that wd be close enough. I'm on Enbrel and the joint problems are pretty well under control. But I feel like the fatigue is gradually getting worse even though i am taking better care of myself than ever. Thoughts anyone?

For what it's worth. It mentions muscle weakness but not fatigue per se.
http://www.rxlist.com/enbrel-side-effects-drug-center.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger