OT: Oh God! WCCC as you know it dies today... | The Boneyard

OT: Oh God! WCCC as you know it dies today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Hartford radio station WCCC will change from classic rock to Christian music as of tomorrow.

Listen noon to 5 to Mike Karolyi for probably a good show. Howard Stern will be a guest.

Does the Lich still work there? Loved that guy.

WCCC

Reaction Score
Well, who doesn't need more Creed ... or music like Creed's?

Reaction Score
Eh WCCC has sucked for years. Even before they started playing classic rock, they were playing terrible modern rock like Puddle of Mudd. No surprise.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hartford radio station WCCC will change from classic rock to Christian music as of tomorrow.

That's awful. But WDRC has shifted to classic rock so there's not much of a gap in that niche..

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Waquoit said:
Lich has been doing afternoons at WJMJ-88.9 for years.
Haha the lich . Haven't heard that name in 20 years. One of the original local radio mercenaries as he worked for HCN, PLR AND CCC at various times.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Loved and hated listening to the Lich's distinctive voice at various points in his long broadcasting career. He used to frequent the first Harry's Pizza in West Hartford Center when my wife (then girlfriend) worked there more than 20 years ago and by all accounts was a good guy--or at least a good customer.

I've been a radio junkie ever since I was at least eight-years old, when I used to experiment with those Radio Shack kits and take parts from other used radios to try to boost the reception and pull in stations from as far away as possible. I really missed human disc jockeys making spontaneous music selections as radio stations consolidated and became corporate-driven and governed by playlists that were handed down from above. Haven't listened to CCC in years, but PLR seems to be working off the same playlists it has had for the past 40 years.

Then I discovered Sirius. For anyone who ever loved any kind of radio, Sirius is heaven. And if you liked the rock stations and have expanded in musical tastes since, just follow Meg Griffin around the dial like I do (she fell off her horse a few days ago and has been out this week, but should be back today I think). She does the morning show most weekdays on Deep Tracks, which is classic album rock--but not the PLR crap. And she does the afternoon show most days on the Loft, which is a broader spectrum that includes various genres (mostly in the rock realm) and essentially free-form DJs with great taste (imo). She also does occasional shows on Classic Rewind, which is the cassette era of late 70s and early 80s. I like a lot of the other jocks on both Deep Tracks and the Loft (Vin Scelsa, Franny Thomas, Mike Marrone), which are my two main stations; but Meg is in a class by herself imo. She talks about music the way that DJs I've always loved talk about music. She lived it and she gets it. She's just gotta stay off the damn horse before she kills herself--this is at least the third time she has fallen and hurt herself since I've been listening to her.

Reaction Score
I am a Sirius convert but sad to see this happen, I grew up on WCCC. I have been listening all afternoon, a real nice walk down memory lane. Howard Stern and Sebastian among others have called in to relive the best moments.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Was more pissed when they switched over 100.9 (springfield/Noho) to full time country. They had a unique sound for the area...and now they don't.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
My car has 12 preset stations and for me CCC was one of them. 106.9, 105.9, 104.1, 102.9, 102.1, 99.1 are on Tier 1. Tier 2 has 3 real crappy radio stations, 2 versions of WEEI and ESpin radio. What the heck do I move onto the tier 1 stations???

Reaction Score
But now where will I hear my fill of Staind???

How will I know if its been awhile!?

Reaction Score
Who was the jock on there (CCC) in the 80's who was around CT stations for a long time? It's killing me someone HELP

Edit: Oops answer in the original post - The Litch or Lich

Reaction Score
My car has 12 preset stations and for me CCC was one of them. 106.9, 105.9, 104.1, 102.9, 102.1, 99.1 are on Tier 1. Tier 2 has 3 real crappy radio stations, 2 versions of WEEI and ESpin radio. What the heck do I move onto the tier 1 stations???

12 preset stations?

You people realize there's a new technological age upon us. Being limited to 12 preset stations is so.....1974? Live a little. Download Spotify. Try Sirius for 20.00 for the first 6 months. Jeepers creepers.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Dunno if you get it, but 99.3 can be good.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
12 preset stations?

You people realize there's a new technological age upon us. Being limited to 12 preset stations is so.....1974? Live a little. Download Spotify. Try Sirius for 20.00 for the first 6 months. Jeepers creepers.

Mp3's all day every day.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I liked the pre-classic CCC better than any rock station we had in the Boston area. Always tuned in once in range. Boooo!!!!!!

Reaction Score

Listen noon to 5 to Mike Karolyi for probably a good show. Howard Stern will be a guest.

WCCC

WTF? What's going on there?

Reaction Score

WCCC

I only listen to CCC in the AM, 'cause of J Raven. I love classic rock, but I need me some metal and alternative as well. I was pissed when they did away with these genres. Now they're going Christian? WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
You people realize there's a new technological age upon us....Try Sirius for 20.00 for the first 6 months. Jeepers creepers.
For years I commuted to Bloomfield and was very happy listening to WEEI and Imus before he left WFAN. I had no need for satellite radio. Now I commute to Waterbury and WEEI doesn't come in and I don't enjoy Imus any more so I'm thinking about it. But for the most part I see no need to pay for radio when I like the stations I listed and they're free. Losing another one of my choices does push me in that technological direction a little more.

Reaction Score
You're in the car randomly swapping stations and you come up on a catchy new tune which you are tapping your foot to for like 30 seconds until you hear the word Jesus.......................... GOTCHA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom