OT: "Ode to NY" by #2 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: "Ode to NY" by #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
...you don't get "credit" for doing the right things like not cheating, not taking steroids, never saying stupid things to the media or not getting arrested.

I just thought of what the Sox should get Jeter for a going away present. A cookie!

Reaction Score
Way to refute Deep's points. Insightful analysis. Probably should at least bring something to the table.

Yankee fans in this thread remind me of Syracuse fans.

And red Sox fans in this thread remind us of who? Yes Providence fans, PeeCee baby..........and as a Husky fan you realize how 2nd rate they are?;) Kind of makes sense though........

Reaction Score
Remember when you absolutely sucked his dick here after the Mets' World Series? I sure do.

We'll all pick this up again in five years when he first-ballots into the Hall of Fame and all your undies get all in a twist again.

Wow. I got under the skin of the unflappable Fishy and brought out a dick sucking insult. Doesn't change what I said about your little fanboy "Love Letter to Jeets" above though. Truth hurts, I guess.

Reaction Score
Let the record show he got that hit last night off someone named Evan Meek. Ol' Evan is 0-4 with a 5.79 ERA. On the road this year, opposing batters are hitting .313 off him. I don't see the "magic" there. Sorry.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This was the moment I decided that maybe Jeter wasn't a .

As I Red Sox fan, I don't love the guy, but I definitely respect him. I think you will see a lot that this weekend in Boston.

Reaction Score
And red Sox fans in this thread remind us of who? Yes Providence fans, PeeCee baby.....and as a Husky fan you realize how 2nd rate they are?;) Kind of makes sense though...
...except that the Red Sox have won three World Series since '04. Not really a good comparison.

Reaction Score
Ahh, a member of the anti-designated hitter crowd...
No, I love the DH. I would spread it to both leagues. Not the point in this discussion. Comparing hitting stats/improvement of full-time player with a professional hitter is not quite apples to apples.

Reaction Score
...except that the Red Sox have won three World Series since '04. Not really a good comparison.

Let me ask you this....did baseball start in 2004? Again, you guys are funny and really "adorable" as Fishy said! Are you 23 years old? If so I understand..........still laughable

Reaction Score
I remember reading somewhere that Jeter's numbers are pretty much the same in the post season as the regular season. Couldn't find the article but found this (don't have time to verify):

Jeter:

Regular season avg: .312
Postseason avg: .308

Regular season OPS: .828
Postseason OPS: .838

Regular season K%: ~15%
Postseason K%: 21%

Can't refute the fact that Ortiz is a great clutch hitter (even if I think the term is exaggerated), but it should be kept in mind that Jeter has played in nearly twice as many postseason games as Ortiz. The larger the sample, the more likely it is that your statisitcs regress back to your career mean.

Edit: quoted the wrong post, I think you know which one I was referring to.

Reaction Score
I think everyone recognizes what a clutch hitter Ortiz is but they also recognize what a phony he is. He's one hell of a hitter but he reminds me of Sammy Sosa in his phoniness. He would be a Hall of Famer without the taint of steroids.

Reaction Score
Let me ask you this....did baseball start in 2004? Again, you guys are funny and really "adorable" as Fishy said! Are you 23 years old? If so I understand.....still laughable

Please don't start sounding like rival fans who ask us if college basketball started in 1999. No need to belittle Boston's accomplishments to defend Jeter.

Reaction Score
Can't refute the fact that Ortiz is a great clutch hitter (even if I think the term is exaggerated), but it should be kept in mind that Jeter has played in nearly twice as many postseason games as Ortiz. The larger the sample, the more likely it is that your statisitcs regress back to your career mean.

Edit: quoted the wrong post, I think you know which one I was referring to.

Good point - check Manny (raisin balls) Ramirez and he's a lot closer in total gams than most.......and Jeters almost doubles him in hits, runs scored, doubles.....I mean give it a break you dopes!

By the way Deep I think during the post season guys like "Evan Meek" are kept off the rosters and most teams have a pretty good staff. Not like anyone needs to prove anything to you but though you might want some "magic"!!

Reaction Score
Please don't start sounding like rival fans who ask us if college basketball started in 1999. No need to belittle Boston's accomplishments to defend Jeter.

Sorry to insult these jokers please don't take it personal champs!! I'm just saying........his answer is typical of the Nation and it's a bit sickening to say the least! I

Reaction Score
Let me ask you this....did baseball start in 2004? Again, you guys are funny and really "adorable" as Fishy said! Are you 23 years old? If so I understand.....still laughable
Okay?

I'm comparing the Red Sox's accomplishments to Providence's (lack of) accomplishments, not the Red Sox to the Yankees. That's the comparison YOU made.

Reaction Score
Okay?

I'm comparing the Red Sox's accomplishments to Providence's (lack of) accomplishments, not the Red Sox to the Yankees. That's the comparison YOU made.

All good.....champs is right. Why go back and forth and waste my cyber breath. You're right! My comparison was not PC accomplishments but rather the fans attitude. But no biggie, have at it!:D

Reaction Score
It's not all about you, mau.

yes it is Waq!! You will learn eventually LOL......all good!!

I'm not a Papi fan and you're not a Jeter fan - I'm good with that. I like you as a Husky fan though.......I'm through!;)

Reaction Score
All good.....champs is right. Why go back and forth and waste my cyber breath. You're right! My comparison was not PC accomplishments but rather the fans attitude. But no biggie, have at it!:D
That's fine. As a Red Sox fan, I'm not going to defend how obnoxious the fanbase had become.

But there must be a more accurate comparison. Like, say, Syracuse fans.

Reaction Score
That's fine. As a Red Sox fan, I'm not going to defend how obnoxious the fanbase had become.

But there must be a more accurate comparison. Like, say, Syracuse fans.

We're all obnoxious dammit - UConn basketball start yet?

Reaction Score
Way to refute Deep's points. Insightful analysis. Probably should at least bring something to the table.

Yankee fans in this thread remind me of Syracuse fans.

What points? The only thing he says over and over is Jeter is overrated. No analysis, nothing. How insightful.

Reaction Score
This was the moment I decided that maybe Jeter wasn't a .

As I Red Sox fan, I don't love the guy, but I definitely respect him. I think you will see a lot that this weekend in Boston.

Amazing thing about that play is how fast a "statue" can move sometime huh?;)

Reaction Score
What points? The only thing he says over and over is Jeter is overrated. No analysis, nothing. How insightful.
You must have missed his first point, 1. "First off, HE didn't win an awful lot. He was the benefactor of being on great teams and in the right place at the right time. And having Mariano Rivera pitch the 9th inning of every game in his career didn't hurt that." I mean that's some serious insightful analysis!

Reaction Score
You must have missed his first point, 1. "First off, HE didn't win an awful lot. He was the benefactor of being on great teams and in the right place at the right time. And having Mariano Rivera pitch the 9th inning of every game in his career didn't hurt that." I mean that's some serious insightful analysis!

That's funny. When I bring up stats to show just how awful a defensive SS he's been, you don't want those.

And what insightful analysis did Fanboy Fishy list? Jeter's awesome because he never got in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom