OT Not everyone in CT is a Uconn fan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Not everyone in CT is a Uconn fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
At the Fairfield game last year there were a ton of adult Fairfield fans. I couldn't help but wonder how one becomes a Fairfield fan, who would root against UConn. Have to be out-of-state alumni.

I could see that for a group of folks in their 50's. In the 1970's Fairfield had a good run, they were clearly the best D-1 team in the state. When Corny T's freshman team beat them by 1 in 1978, that was considered a huge win for the program.

Reaction Score
Brother Mouzone would handle business. Maybe we should send him on recruiting trips too so we can get some of these big names.

Also, people who live in CT and aren't UConn fans, should be exiled. Even if u went to another college, you grew up in CT

I've been a Husky die-hard for over 20 years. I went to CCSU, and some of the friends I made there couldn't understand how I would root for UConn over CCSU. At the time, the Whalers had just left for Carolina, and UConn was the best in the state. UConn is the best CT has for sports on a national level. That's how I became a UConn fan in the first place.

Reaction Score
I've been a Husky die-hard for over 20 years. I went to CCSU, and some of the friends I made there couldn't understand how I would root for UConn over CCSU. At the time, the Whalers had just left for Carolina, and UConn was the best in the state. UConn is the best CT has for sports on a national level. That's how I became a UConn fan in the first place.

Me too. I think it was 1982 UCONN played CCSU and I was going to CCSU but was still cheering for UCONN. Remember getting some awful looks from friends and other people who I was in class with.

I started following UCONN in the early 70's(1972-73). I wasn't changing no matter where I went to college.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Who ever came out of Cross during JC's days that deserved a look? I'm guessing one or 2 but not many.......you have to go way back to get Cross players worthy of UConn and none of them even looked at Perno who was a grad!! Williamson's, Campbell, Thomas etc etc........no chance for Storrs
I recall Cross had a legendary coach who refused to send his kids to UConn.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The mailbox imploded from all the CR crud that happened. We're not the only ones who felt like we got kicked in the nutsack by defections in the BE!

Reaction Score
Yep! You could even go as far back as the Earl Kelly disaster . Issues.
Well admittedly I chose a bad example, I dunno why. Just felt like being a I guess.

Reaction Score
I think I have it narrowed down to two guy. What do you think?
fat bc fan.jpg
fat rutgers.jpg

Reaction Score
I very much doubt it has anything to do with UConn. I have had my mailbox smashed several times over the years. High school kids like to go around with baseball bats and just break stuff.

Reaction Score
these just looked like your average BC and RU fans and yes I do have a strong dislike for both schools

Reaction Score
Who ever came out of Cross during JC's days that deserved a look? I'm guessing one or 2 but not many.......you have to go way back to get Cross players worthy of UConn and none of them even looked at Perno who was a grad!! Williamson's, Campbell, Thomas etc etc........no chance for Storrs
In 99 Jason Benton and Louis Bosley both could have been good looks for UConn. 6'7/6'8 250lbs+ each. They were big, athletic and led Cross to 25-0 record until Bpt Central upset them in states. Benton coulda been a good 4 with Calhouns guidance for UConn. Cross doesn't have MANY players, but that year they had the two of them who both could have gotten looks. Benton especially. Williamson was the 70's and obviously the biggest name out of Cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom