OT: North Carolina receives Notice of Allegations | The Boneyard

OT: North Carolina receives Notice of Allegations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I would have liked to have seen them get it on a Monday so we could spend a week watching them squirm instead of having it buried on the Friday before the long weekend.

But it will be fun reading....

Reaction Score
Who is Deborah Crowder and has she made any significant pubic statements to date on her role in this?

Reaction Score
I would have liked to have seen them get it on a Monday so we could spend a week watching them squirm instead of having it buried on the Friday before the long weekend.

they already fired three profs. Anything less than scholarships and two or three year ban from NCAA's is a whitewash.

Reaction Score
Saying all along the heels will skate by. Will have to see it too believe it.

Reaction Score
It's hysterical how often bad news is dumped on a friday when everyone is thinking about unwinding and having fun.

Reaction Score
They are preseason #1. How great would it be if they get a post season ban this year. Would love it.

Reaction Score
What Div 1 basketball teams have had a worser punishment (not self imposed) than us in the last 10 or so years?

Reaction Score
This kind of thing deserves to impact a program for about 5 years at least. Therefore I believe they get a 2 year postseason ban with a 2 scholly reduction for those 2 years, but of course not starting until 2016 when all penalties will be cut in half. In other words, squat.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

The University of North Carolina has received its Notice of Allegations from the NCAA, but will not release the details of the report until a later date...
Expect the details the Friday before the Independence Day weekend. About 5PM.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Friday news dump not so much to spare UNC from media attention, more so for the NCAA.

Reaction Score
It's hysterical how often bad news is dumped on a friday when everyone is thinking about unwinding and having fun.

This is deliberate and a tool often used by politicians. Dump the bad news on a Friday because fewer people read the paper/watch the news on Saturday...

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
UConn gets their notices on Monday mornings.

Reaction Score
I don't get how this stuff matters to anyone. So they take down a physical banner and lose a trophy from the trophy case, so what? Everyone will still remember them as the champion that year.
Vacated Final Fours - and, in this case, NCs - are a stain on the program.

Plus, it would mean UNC and Duke would be tied in titles, which is certainly something they care about down in Carolina.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Vacated Final Fours - and, in this case, NCs - are a stain on the program.

Plus, it would mean UNC and Duke would be tied in titles, which is certainly something they care about down in Carolina.
I'm pretty sure that at the moment they are tied. This would drop them behind Duke.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
That's been business as usual in DC for past 6 years

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Fixed it for you. Pretty sure it wasn't invented upon Obamas election regardless of what Fox News tells ya.

Probably a lot longer than that. It's a wall Street thing originally. Let the markets absorb the news for a couple days before opening Monday.

Reaction Score
this is a "not in the face" moment for UNC. It's going to be ugly, titles and wins vacated, reduction of scholarships and post season bans.

If this in not considered a lack of institutional control, I don't know what is. Emmert has desperately tried to let this disappear, but it won't go away and any shred if dignity the ncaa has will be displayed by the result of this investigation and the punishment served.

Message to Emmert, it ain't easy being cheesy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If UNC doesn't get the death penalty for two decades of academic fraud, then someone owes SMU an apology.

Recalculate the GPAs for the players involved. They will be either be eligible or they won't. The penalty for playing an ineligible player is forfeiture of the game. So if UNC has been playing ineligible players for 20 years, they should forfeit those games. Those are rules. Why should an institution get a break for successfully hiding their fraud?

Then apply your lack of institutional control penalties and give them a year or two without sports and 'show cause' the coaches and the ADs involved. (Yeah, I'm looking at Swofford.)

Those are the NCAA's rules. It is hard to make a case against applying them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom