OT: Need Some Weed? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Need Some Weed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
My paragraph of truth does not even compare to the volumes of BS that have been spewed about this topic from people that have entirely no clue what they are talking about...inhaling clear air man, some people can have intelligent things to say about this topic believe it or not...

Settle down man. Your paragraph of truth, while maybe containing good info, was unreadable.

Reaction Score
Wha?? From which references did you fconclude this?? Every journal article that I've read state differently. It leaves permanent effects on brain development- and brain develops to ~ age 25. Legislation is creating a generation of s that will further impact the social systems already more than taxed. A liberal utopia?

It sounds like you read the best journals.

Reaction Score
I have no scientific evidence, but I am pretty convinced that pot alone would not make you even consider the knockout game, unless perhaps the person was holding a big bag of Cheetos (and you were already off the couch). Heard lots of stories about drunken bar brawls, but not many at Grateful Dead shows. (I was going to include Jimmy Buffett in that, but turns out there actually was a guy killed in a fight outside a Buffett concert in 2012. Who knew?)

Personally, in my younger days, I enjoyed the mellow feeling of being high a lot more than the out of control feeling of being drunk. It was more up my alley. Not to mention I felt a lot better the next morning.
I used to work summers selling T-Shirts at the Meadows in Hartford. The more pot-oriented crowds were great to deal with. Everything went smoothly, no fights, no nothing. The problem was the country shows and shows like DMB where the majority of the people there had already slugged back 10 Miller lights before entering the show. Then the rate of fighting, attempted theft from the stands, and hospital trips for the concert-goers skyrocketed. It's not my thing now that I work full time because it does affect memory but the fact that it is illegal is absurd.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I'm guessing journal summaries from less than partial sources.
or studies that don't have a large enough sample size. i've read a lot of journal articles and almost none of them study enough people to be able to make an accurate analysis.

Reaction Score
Wha?? From which references did you fconclude this?? Every journal article that I've read state differently. It leaves permanent effects on brain development- and brain develops to ~ age 25. Legislation is creating a generation of s that will further impact the social systems already more than taxed. A liberal utopia?

As if there was any doubt, your snide "liberal utopia" nonsense demonstrates where your political sympathies lie, so it's no surprise at all that you're coming out of the Reefer Madness stone-age on this. Go drink three martinis and beat your wife - wasn't that the preferred method of relaxing when you were coming up?

There are legitimate questions about the effects of prolonged use on juveniles, but most people think that legalizing pot means that adults are free to use it as they see fit. The hypocrisy around marijuana is stunning. The head of the DEA fumbling in front of Congress to explain how marijuana is just as dangerous as heroin while the federal government had held marijuana-related patents for all sorts of medical uses for more than a decade.

Reaction Score
Does this mean that you're for the banning of Alcohol? That also has permanent effects on brain development. How about tobacco or unhealthy foods? The medical problems those lead to are a huge strain on social health programs.

Reaction Score
You definitely aren't the fictional weed dealer, Dante from Grandma's Boy either...

5d617c971d0b2fe45cec4aa3e3887583c98e06804e77a8d6b93df60f4dc53de4_zps158b4a84.jpg

I know Dante. We both grew up in West Hartford, graduated high school the same year, and ran with a lot of the same people. He's a musician also, he used to play music at my keg parties back in the day before he moved to LA.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
If it is the battle of the worst, you could make a good case for cigarettes being illegal first. I don't think pot is worse than alcohol. To me the worst thing about legalized marijuana is that Madison Avenue and corporate greed will focus efforts on minors just like they did with booze and tobacco.
If you want evidence of that, read the settlement papers from the tobacco lawsuit. They planned to get young people addicted because they had found there was little chance that older adults would take up smoking. Or read the research on the percentage of alcohol ads that appear in print& radio ads where the demographic is kids.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Or have been around stoners...

That's the best anti-legalization argument. I've never met anyone who is into weed that wasn't really really into weed. It's worse than a bunch of fantasy football guys.

Enabling that crowd doesn't seem like it would benefit anyone. You can here it here already. Can't wait to get my medical card? Really. If the procedures hold up, it's a market of 2000 oz /month for the entire state. Do what you want, but I've always likened it to being around a bunch of drunks. But harmful, it isn't.

Reaction Score

That's the best anti-legalization argument. I've never met anyone who is into weed that wasn't really really into weed. It's worse than a bunch of fantasy football guys.

Enabling that crowd doesn't seem like it would benefit anyone. You can here it here already. Can't wait to get my medical card? Really. If the procedures hold up, it's a market of 2000 oz /month for the entire state. Do what you want, but I've always likened it to being around a bunch of drunks. But harmful, it isn't.

That's a sentiment that doesn't really hold up in practice. I guarantee you you're around people all the time who don't fit your outmoded notion of the "stoner" and are probably getting high pretty regularly.

I like weed. I really like it. I also spend probably 80-100 hours a week in the office or traveling for work in a pretty pressurized industry, and I don't think I display any of the "stoner" characteristics that you're probably talking about. It's just that when I get home from work at midnight I like to relax with a joint rather than a glass of scotch. I know countless - countless - high achieving professionals who feel the same way. Those dudes from Half Baked are an infinitesimally small segment of the weed-loving population. It's actually pretty alarming that in 2014 people don't recognize that.

Reaction Score

Implying that everyone who uses acts like Cheech & Chong is about as true as saying that everyone who drinks gets hammered all the time. There's a logical issue in your point. If they're not "really really into weed", then you probably wouldn't ever know that they smoke. Furthermore, legalization doesn't really enable that crowd all that much. If you're a stoner, it's not like it's hard to get or you're going to be put off by it being illegal.

Reaction Score
Implying that everyone who uses acts like Cheech & Chong is about as true as saying that everyone who drinks gets hammered all the time. There's a logical issue in your point. If they're not "really really into weed", then you probably wouldn't ever know that they smoke. Furthermore, legalization doesn't really enable that crowd all that much. If you're a stoner, it's not like it's hard to get or you're going to be put off by it being illegal.

LOL.. yeah really.. I tell people all the time, people who wanna get high are already getting high. Trust me. And you're around them every day of your life. Probably at work.

Reaction Score
LOL.. yeah really.. I tell people all the time, people who wanna get high are already getting high. Trust me. And you're around them every day of your life. Probably at work.
I work in Big 4 accounting, I assure you that I'm around them every day at work.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Here's the thing. We already have a real sample to take from now:
Colorado.

Its a short sample, but in the 8 months it has been TOTALLY LEGAL. I dont see the state falling apart. I dont see stoners laying all over the streets. Quite the opposite in fact. Jobs were created and huge tax revenues are being realized. People still go to work. People still make responsible decisions. Nobody is being arrested or jailed for something stupid, so their legal systems and courts can go after real criminals.

Lets keep it illegal as to not "enable that crowd" ... Please. Even illegal it is easy to get. This didnt stop anybody. Now they can just get it without breaking a draconian law.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I work in Big 4 accounting, I assure you that I'm around them every day at work.
If there is ever an industry that needs more weed, it's public accounting (not just Big 4).

Reaction Score
If there is ever an industry that needs more weed, it's public accounting (not just Big 4).

There definitely aren't many industries where the stereotype and reality are farther apart.... at least on the audit side.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That's a sentiment that doesn't really hold up in practice. I guarantee you you're around people all the time who don't fit your outmoded notion of the "stoner" and are probably getting high pretty regularly.

I like weed. I really like it. I also spend probably 80-100 hours a week in the office or traveling for work in a pretty pressurized industry, and I don't think I display any of the "stoner" characteristics that you're probably talking about. It's just that when I get home from work at midnight I like to relax with a joint rather than a glass of scotch. I know countless - countless - high achieving professionals who feel the same way. Those dudes from Half Baked are an infinitesimally small segment of the weed-loving population. It's actually pretty alarming that in 2014 people don't recognize that.

I can't like this twice unfortunately.

I'd also add that, if you like weed, you don't have to really like weed. I know many, many casual smokers. Drs, Lawyers, scientists, teachers, heads of institutes and foundations, and yes, pizza guys, landscapers, carpenters...

Oh, and if you really like weed, that's fine too.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

That crowd doesn't seem to be too concerned about whether you legalize pot or not. In fact, I don't think it's possible for most of them to smoke any more than they already do.

It's the casual smokers who care.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That crowd doesn't seem to be too concerned about whether you legalize pot or not. In fact, I don't think it's possible for most of them to smoke any more than they already do.

It's the casual smokers who care.

http://www.moviesounds.com/vietnam/pot.wav

Gomer Pile: I'm here to make sure you don't say anything controversial.
Cronauer: Speaking of things controversial, is it true there's a marijuana problem here in Vietnam?
Gomer Pile: NO, it's not a problem, everybody HAS it.

Ahh, Robin, Rest in Peace. You brought a lot of joy to a lot of people.

Reaction Score
And....that pretty much sums up the anti-pot crowd.

5fqeM8p.jpg

There was a time when gay meant joyously happy. Which happens when you smoke your first joint.

So my cousins says.

Could you be misinterpreting the ad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member