OT ND Season in Review | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT ND Season in Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The ND view of the world is comprised of their own version of reality.....an example I read in the NY Post yesterday: ND is converting their football stadium from real sod to artificial turf. As a "benefit" to their fans, you can purchase a 2'x5' strip of ND stadium sod, including shipping for $149.95.

Mind you, if you do not replant and heavily water this turf ASAP on arrival, you have paid $149.95 for dead grass. Actual cost to go buy a strip of sod this size from a turf farm: $3.00. ND sod, $149,95.....
My sod arrived this morning. The instructions say: "Plant green side up. Contact your local parish priest who, for $149.95 will irrigate your sod with Holy Water."

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
ND's Last Season in Review. One Game is Missing http://watchnd.tv/#!/videos/dpc3RxbToUyb97jHzgf4wI3U0s_IsMKB

Not sure, I would have avoided the season ending loss. I would have played up they were in the National Championship game and although it didn't end up like they hoped, it was still a great accomplishment.

Well, there's 22 minutes I'll never see again. What is the point of this video, Notre Dame's great season? Yea, I guess it was a good season for them. Someone mentioned that this is a prop film. OK - what message will this propaganda send when they take you all the way to the semi finals of the NCAA tourney and then cut to the WNBA draft - rather abruptly.

I didn't see or hear anything about work ethic. I didn't see any shots of the team off court - running practices, hanging out. Well, we did see some footage of the team in a nondescript gym that they said was Europe(?) In fact, the team said very little other than a bit with Natalie speaking off screen. I didn't see anything about the team other than a highlight reel which is basically what this film appears to be. I did hear a lot of McGraw talking.

There is nothing in this film about building character, nothing in this film about ethics, being part of a team, nothing in this film about setting goals and winning. Truthfully, I was bored after a while.

Maybe Connecticut has spoiled me.

I would like to say that I was irked that they didn't show the 2014 championship game, but I wasn't actually. I did go and watch it again on ESPN3. If anyone's interested, UConn won - rather handily.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Has UConn produced "non-championship winning season reviews"?

I don't know, but UConn certainly has plenty of years of championship footage that they could put something together even in a losing season, and they very clearly speak of their goals and cohesiveness of the team. Notre Dame, on the other hand does not, but to outline a winning season for 22 minutes and not show the outcome IMO is a confusing message. What not avoid the whole 37-0 thing and speak about the team, their goals and so forth? Show some highlights and make it more about the experience of ND basketball? Just sayin'.....

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Not technically no mention of UConn; they did show Notre Dame beating us in last years BE tournament:rolleyes:

That was a strange inset. I understood that they were illustrating their win in the Big East last year and following it was their win in the ACC. Yet they made it clear at the beginning of the film that this was a product of the post Diggins era. Given that, did they need to include the score and the opponent from last year's BE Championship game? From their point of view, I guess so. Did they need to show Connecticut anything? From their point of view, I guess so.

It was subliminal at best, and showed their need to let the world know that they can beat UConn...I guess...

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I don't know, but UConn certainly has plenty of years of championship footage that they could put something together even in a losing season, and they very clearly speak of their goals and cohesiveness of the team. Notre Dame, on the other hand does not, but to outline a winning season for 22 minutes and not show the outcome IMO is a confusing message. What not avoid the whole 37-0 thing and speak about the team, their goals and so forth? Show some highlights and make it more about the experience of ND basketball? Just sayin'.....

Such criticism of the vaunted Notre Dame PR machine is heresy, blasphemous, and borders on sacrilege.:D

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Such criticism of the vaunted Notre Dame PR machine is heresy, blasphemous, and borders on sacrilege.:D

damn...where's my hair shirt?

(Seriously though, I understood TJI's point....)

JS

Reaction Score
It's, essentially, a propaganda film. You don't end a propaganda film with footage of losing your most important battle.
Kind of like how Napoleon's "My Life as a Military Genius" lacks a chapter on Waterloo?

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

Now, yu've gone n' dun it, boyo: say t'ree "Our Muffet"s and two "Hail Skyler"s. Now, go an' sin no more!

(this is what you get from parochial education through 12th grade and several years as an altar boy - a vast capacity for irreverence!):rolleyes:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
It was subliminal at best, and showed their need to let the world know that they can beat UConn…I guess...

It's true that they did, fair and square.
Perhaps it will be quite a while before the next time.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
It's true that they did, fair and square.
Perhaps it will be quite a while before the next time.

Yes, they did beat UConn, I'm not disputing that...however you should note that in the beginning the intro indicated that the film was clearly about the post Diggins year....a year in which they did NOT beat UConn. In showing this bit, it implies that they beat UConn in the post Diggins year - I said it was a subliminal message didn't I?

Seriously, if you are going to be fair and square, make sure your square has four corners. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom