OT- Nadal goes down | The Boneyard

OT- Nadal goes down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nadal just lost to Rosol who is a qualifier. Rosol won his first grass match of his career recently at Queens and failed to qualify for Wimbledon the past 5 years. This wasn't a Rafa choke, Rosol just played out of his mind and blew him off the court, biggest upset I've ever seen in tennis.

Reaction Score
i'd like it if federer could pull off another one

Me too. I've always supported Nadal in their head-to-head matchups, but I really enjoy watching Federer and I can't stand Djokovic, so I'm hoping Federer can pull off one more now that Nadal is out.

Reaction Score
It's an extremely disappointing day. Frankly, I thought Nadal was the favorite going into Wimbledon given how well he was playing and that Djokovic hasn't been on the same level he was last year.

If Federer wins, he will not only add a 17th major title to his resume, but he will also become #1 in the world again. That means he will tie and then pass Pete Sampras for the most weeks at #1. Currently, Sampras is at 286 with Federer at 285.

The draw is now wide open. All of a sudden, Andy Murray has a legitimate path to the championship. Tsonga has been playing exceptional tennis and had been in Nadal's quarter. Del Potro and Raonic have the ability to hit anybody off the court. Federer now has a chance whereas he really didn't before because he'd have to have gone through Nadal, who owns him. Maybe Rosol will win it all...just kidding, I think.

Reaction Score
As good as Nadal is, he seems a whiny little biatch. Great to see someone else knock off Nadal, but not see him whining some more in a major.

Reaction Score
Looks like Federer might be joining Nadal on the sidelines. Down 6-4 7-6 to Julien Benneteau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom