OT: Movie or book reaction | The Boneyard

OT: Movie or book reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I hold in memory THE COLOR PURPLE with Whoopi & Oprah as the movie that most just tore me up inside with anger/sadness for the suffering experienced by the worthy characters.

Would you care to share a similar reaction to some book/movie et al?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
There have been many and yes, The Color Purple is amongst them and high on the list. I weep at the end of that one every single time.
Another one that gets me is Schindler's List... Gripping and real, yet I remain in control for the entire movie until the end, because the atrocities have been well documented, I am expecting them and gird my feelings accordingly. But at the very end when Oskar Schindler is weeping at every thing of value he has that could help him save more people, the outpouring of who he had been and how many more he could have saved had he not been so careless with his money in the beginning broke him and his realization and emotion always gets me.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Two that make me cry, pretty much everytime, Brian's Song (of course) and 50 First Dates.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Three that come to mind are "Gremlins", and two foreign films, "My Life as a Dog" and "Bread and Chocolate". My reaction to each was something like; "What is there about this sick crapola that so many people actually find amusing? What in the name of reason are they laughing at?" But then I thought "The Sopranos" and "The Wire" were pretty sick too, so it was probaly just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom