OT - Most Significant NCAA Academic Scandals? | The Boneyard

OT - Most Significant NCAA Academic Scandals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I realize there are a number of UNC scandal related threads currently, but I just wanted to throw this tangential question out there.

What are the most significant or biggest academic scandals in NCAA history (any sport)? And where approximately does the UNC scandal rate in terms of significance?

I'm asking because I'm having trouble remembering anything that measures up to this in terms of scope.

Reaction Score
I was thinking about it today and the last things I remember making this big a deal were the Sandusky/Paterno/Penn State and Fine/Boeheim cases

I don't remember the last academic-related scandal that got this much attention. Maybe our APR ban was the last thing that made anything close to this kind of buzz

Reaction Score
The only one I can think of is Minnesota, in terms of academics, and this is definitely worse, though it will almost certainly be punished less.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
based on punishment, it has to be our APR scores

that was so damn bad, they convicted us and sentenced us twice for the same violation

I'm waiting for the clueless wonders to change the consequences and then convict us a third time (could help take the heat off of UNC)

Reaction Score
Western University gave a scholarship to Henry Steele who ended up being illiterate. Then Steele slept with his tutor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom