OT: Missouri Gets Beat @ LSU...Oriakhi 1 Point. | The Boneyard

OT: Missouri Gets Beat @ LSU...Oriakhi 1 Point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd say its more likely mr bdh than Mr O

I try and check out the Mizzou board after they lose. The posts are entertaining. Are you saying I need to take the 5th? My guess is it could be a UConn fan but Mr. O has already shown to have a propensity to enjoy social media. Was that just Alex or did his dad engage in twitter comments. Anyway no Bell for Missouri tonight so they were short handed.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Escalator Alex. I don't understand why he went there in the first place . Didn't Florida , Kentucky and other schools want him? Would the Uconn crowd except him back if he visited for a home game?

Reaction Score
Escalator Alex. I don't understand why he went there in the first place . Didn't Florida , Kentucky and other schools want him? Would the Uconn crowd except him back if he visited for a home game?

"except" is better than accept in this case.

By the way that wasn't me on their board, never been there, but I love it!!!!:D..........they needed him, where was he?

Reaction Score
All American center lol. The only thing Alex was all American at was getting stripped around the hoop

Reaction Score
He does well in the friendly confines but craps on the road. Shoulda gone with the Cuse they don't leave home until MLK day. Friend of Bostonian Paul Pressey which sealed the deal for Mizzou.

Reaction Score
I am grateful to Alex- he helped bring us a NC. (As I said before his dad is a tool). Alex just did what he thought was best for him right or wrong- maybe he got bad advice from dad maybe when his BFF left things were not the same. Turning out to be a bad move- he would have started for us all year and had more exposure at UCONN with no post season then the 10 minutes a game he will be getting as a sub in the post season at Mizz.

Reaction Score
This is exactly the deal with Alex. He'll have a double-double and then disappear the next game. That's fine. Many players are inconsistent.

Unfortunately, Alex was suppose to be a leader at UConn. He never truly assumed that mantle. At Missouri, Alex is -no surprise- the same inconsistent player he was in Storrs. The leadership burden is less. But it really hasn't changed much of anything. Same as it ever was.

Reaction Score
I am grateful to Alex- he helped bring us a NC. (As I said before his dad is a tool). Alex just did what he thought was best for him right or wrong- maybe he got bad advice from dad maybe when his BFF left things were not the same. Turning out to be a bad move- he would have started for us all year and had more exposure at UCONN with no post season then the 10 minutes a game he will be getting as a sub in the post season at Mizz.

Yes, he should have stayed.......thank god he didn't.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
"except" is better than accept in this case.

By the way that wasn't me on their board, never been there, but I love it!!!!:D..........they needed him, where was he?

Ok. Sorry. 49 posts and I made one mistake in my grammar . People clutch your spell checks and grab your thesaurus , there's a Havard English professor amongst us .

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I can't help comparing this to the Rudy Gay thread. Folks feeling sorry for the guy because he got traded even though he has at least another $50M coming. But in the big game, he yawned while the team lost to a bunch of stiffs. Alex was a contender for MVP of the Final Four

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I can't help comparing this to the Rudy Gay thread. Folks feeling sorry for the guy because he got traded even though he has at least another $50M coming. But in the big game, he yawned while the team lost to a bunch of stiffs. Alex was a contender for MVP of the Final Four
I appreciate what Alex did for us. I also remember the way he left. His dad made it impossible for me to root for him. So yeah, I appreciate 2011 Alex but I don't care all that much about him now.

Reaction Score
The crying to the refs thing always bothered me. He acted like this was the nba and he was a superstar the way he begged for calls.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I have mixed feelings - he's just a "kid" and maybe he did get a bunch of bad advice from his idiot of a father. Still, the guy bailed (I'm glad he did) and has made negative comments about UCONN since he's left. It would be different if only his father was the complete jerk, but IIRC, Alex had some 'not so nice' things to say about UCONN since he's been gone (i'm sure someone will correct me if i got that wrong). I really don't feel sorry for the kid.

For all he was supposed to "shine" and be able to show his real skills at Mizzou, I have to wonder what it's done for his draft status. 2nd rounder maybe? Anyone think he goes higher? 4's with bricks for hands are a dime a dozen...

Reaction Score

"Escalator Alex" I think that is the best frickin nick name I've ever heard!!! From now on, that's how I'm going to refer to him.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
All American center? LOTTERY PICK?

How dumb/deluded are these people? Oh wait, they're from/went to school in Missouri

Reaction Score
move on, he did and we should....... good chance we do not win the "kemba title" without his play in the tourney. I think he was 1st team of the tourney and averaged like over 12 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom