OT: Mike Brown Fired | The Boneyard

OT: Mike Brown Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He should have never been hired to coach one of the greatest franchises in all of sports. Lebron made him look good in Cleveland. Who implements an offense that takes the ball out of Steve Nash's hands? That is idiotic and apparently a real quick way to get you fired.

Reaction Score
meh, Brown is horrible but a coaching change isn't going to fix the fact the Lakers have one of the worst benches in the league and no athleticism to defend on the perimeter. I said these were still flaws when the Dwight trade happened and everyone on here was ready to already put the Lakers into the Finals, they're still major, glaring issues. D12 coming off of back surgery isn't going to fix everything with their D.

Reaction Score
I thought he'd get a few more games, but it was probably a good choice.

Reaction Score
At least he can say he's been fired by some of the best players in the history of the game.

Reaction Score
He should have never been hired to coach one of the greatest franchises in all of sports. Lebron made him look good in Cleveland. Who implements an offense that takes the ball out of Steve Nash's hands? That is idiotic and apparently a real quick way to get you fired.

There was a report somewhere (cant remember where), that Kobe had the idea for the Princeton offense for the Lakers.

Its driving me nuts that i cant remember where...but its out there.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
It's kind of funny that last night, the talking heads on ESPN were still debating whether he'd make it past the all-star break or not.

Reaction Score
There was a report somewhere (cant remember where), that Kobe had the idea for the Princeton offense for the Lakers.

Its driving me nuts that i cant remember where...but its out there.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--k...l--lakers-switching-to-princeton-offense.html

LONDON – Kobe Bryant has been searching for spacing and freedom and flow on offense, for a way to counter defenses bent on sagging and suffocating him on the floor. Even before the Los Angeles Lakers delivered him point guard Steve Nash, Bryant had raised an idea with coach Mike Brown about the possibility of employing a distant cousin to the triangle – the Princeton offense.

Reaction Score
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--k...l--lakers-switching-to-princeton-offense.html

LONDON – Kobe Bryant has been searching for spacing and freedom and flow on offense, for a way to counter defenses bent on sagging and suffocating him on the floor. Even before the Los Angeles Lakers delivered him point guard Steve Nash, Bryant had raised an idea with coach Mike Brown about the possibility of employing a distant cousin to the triangle – the Princeton offense.

If Mike Brown was not smart enough to figure out he could not run the Princeton offense once the best pick and roll big and guard were traded to him, shame on him.

Reaction Score
Lakers smartened up here, thought they would give Brown more time but this was the right move. Wasn't utilizing Nash on offense making him essentially a liability on the court, defense has been terrible, team looks like it just lacks passion right now. This should atleast give the team a jolt and when Nash returns hopefully run more pick and roll and actually have Nash do his thing rather than play off ball. Don't know if this solves all of the Lakers problems, but it's a start.

Reaction Score
Agree that it was a bad hire from the get go, but ridiculous that they fire him after a 1-4 start. They clearly didn't really want him there anymore anyway and they should have made that decision in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom