OT: Mets are Doomed! | The Boneyard

OT: Mets are Doomed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Die hard Cubbie fan since 1962. Sorry but I despise the Mets. Only time I like them is when they play against the Yanks. Think it will be an entertaining series. If the Cubs bats stay alive it could be a very short series. I have no doubt that the winner in the NL will be World Champs. The AL is not very good this year.

Reaction Score
Die hard Cubbie fan since 1962. Sorry but I despise the Mets. Only time I like them is when they play against the Yanks. Think it will be an entertaining series. If the Cubs bats stay alive it could be a very short series. I have no doubt that the winner in the NL will be World Champs. The AL is not very good this year.
Agree with you on the Cubs bats but Mets pitching is legit. Also agree on the AL being weak overall but Royals and Toronto are both great teams.

Reaction Score
I don't know why but I think the "Dark Knight" is going to get knocked around tomorrow night. de Grom and Syndergaard should be good enough to right the ship though. It could shape up as a very good series.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Toronto's offense is legit and the Royals have been there I don't see one leagues representative having a huge advantage over the others. Pitching a bit better on the NL side but the Jays and Royals are no slouches, with the Cubs/Mets luck either the Royals or Jays will win in 7.

Reaction Score
I don't know why but I think the "Dark Knight" is going to get knocked around tomorrow night. de Grom and Syndergaard should be good enough to right the ship though. It could shape up as a very good series.

I was thinking the exact opposite. I have a feeling that Harvey LOVES that he's pitching game 1. He seems to me like a guy that thrives best as the #1 guy, in the starting lineup, etc. I think he's ready to get the fans off his back and have a dominant performance. Only thing is, the Cubs have ridiculous bats in their lineup so he better not miss very much.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but I thought I remembered seeing a stat about the Cubs having trouble hitting 95+ MPH fastballs. Think their average is lower than the other playoff teams in the NL.

Reaction Score
He pitched 8 scoreless against the Cubs during the season but he has seemed a bit off with all the innings stuff and missing starts. He was off the other day and still battled only giving up 2 runs on a couple of squib infield hits, I think he brings it tomorrow night and I expect Lester to bring it too.

Reaction Score
Wrigley always makes bats seem better than they are. Mets in 6.

Reaction Score
Those Cub bats were seriously kept in check those first 2 games. Good pitching always trumps good hitting. Daniel Murphy 14 home runs in regular season with 5 Homers in 7 post season games so far. Mets got just enough against Lester and Arietta.

Familia has been outstanding, hopefully Degrom keeps the train rolling.

Reaction Score
Murphy has been unconscious and we all know how good Harvey and Syndergaard are, it's not going to get any easier for Cubs bats facing Degrom on Tuesday. Didn't like the lineup Maddon had out there tonight, too many weak batters. Mets are firing on all cylinders, Granderson has been great.

Reaction Score
Seeing how the Cubs had more problems with Harvey's off speed stuff, I almost wonder if it'd be better to trot Bartolo out there in Game 4 over Matz. Tough home crowd, eager younger bats might feast off Matz more? Colon wouldn't be phased in the least or get his feathers ruffled there.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Seeing how the Cubs had more problems with Harvey's off speed stuff, I almost wonder if it'd be better to trot Bartolo out there in Game 4 over Matz. Tough home crowd, eager younger bats might feast off Matz more? Colon wouldn't be phased in the least or get his feathers ruffled there.
Maybe of if up 3 games to nothing. Colon deserves it.

Reaction Score
I thought the Cubs would probably win in a great series and I was way off. Mets have been way better in every facet of the game the entire series and it's going to be a sweep. I knew the Mets pitching was clearly better going into the series but I thought the Cubs bats would be able to get something going and didn't expect the Cubs to be so atrocious in the field, Mets baserunning has also made the Cubs look foolish. Daniel Murphy is having a postseason for the ages, he's been unbelievable. Congrats Mets fans!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Thanks john, but there's still a long way to go. I'm feeling pretty good about our chances of winning this series, but as a Mets fan I know not to count my chickens before they hatch! Let's hope Matz takes care of business tonight.

Reaction Score
I heard Harvey had some soreness and swelling in his tricep after his last start. I'll try to find a link.

The chicken little in me wants this taken care of tonight and I'm worried about Matz against the young free swingers on the Cubs. If Harvey isn't 100%, you have him against Lester in Chicago, then Arrieta against Noah and deGrom back in Chicago. I do NOT want this in a Game 7 scenario and I sorta feel nervous that if the Cubs torch Matz tonight, the next two games could quickly turn the momentum. Ugh.

Reaction Score
Deepster said:
I heard Harvey had some soreness and swelling in his tricep after his last start. I'll try to find a link. The chicken little in me wants this taken care of tonight and I'm worried about Matz against the young free swingers on the Cubs. If Harvey isn't 100%, you have him against Lester in Chicago, then Arrieta against Noah and deGrom back in Chicago. I do NOT want this in a Game 7 scenario and I sorta feel nervous that if the Cubs torch Matz tonight, the next two games could quickly turn the momentum. Ugh.

Harvey is fine as of yesterday's report. They said he's starting Game 5, and his swelling went away. Also, Harvey would pitch against Lester tomorrow, and then it's Noah vs Arrietta in NY on Sat and worse case scenario a rematch of last night in Citi on Sunday. Only two more games in Chi.

Reaction Score
I heard Harvey had some soreness and swelling in his tricep after his last start. I'll try to find a link.

The chicken little in me wants this taken care of tonight and I'm worried about Matz against the young free swingers on the Cubs. If Harvey isn't 100%, you have him against Lester in Chicago, then Arrieta against Noah and deGrom back in Chicago. I do NOT want this in a Game 7 scenario and I sorta feel nervous that if the Cubs torch Matz tonight, the next two games could quickly turn the momentum. Ugh.
You're way overthinking it. I think the Mets sweep but even if they lose tonight no way are Harvey, Syndergaard and Degrom losing.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
2 innings. Hold on

Reaction Score
Could the broadcasters sound more depressed about what has transpired this series

Reaction Score
Could the broadcasters sound more depressed about what has transpired this series
They have a basketball studio guy doing play by play and Darling and Ripken just suck. I enjoyed the series for the greatness of Daniel Murphy and the hilarity of watching Kyle Schwarber try and be an outfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom