Medical Advice | The Boneyard

Medical Advice

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I've been having some strange symptoms for the past few hours. I have an extremely intense bitter/metalic taste in my mouth along with lightheadedness, nausea, headache and a feeling of general weakness. I've been checking online but haven't found anything that matches my symptoms. Does this sound like any kind of familiar condition to anyone?

Reaction Score
My wife is a nurse and says blood can give you that metallic taste (from an internal bleed)

FWIW....

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I've been having some strange symptoms for the past few hours. I have an extremely intense bitter/metalic taste in my mouth along with lightheadedness, nausea, headache and a feeling of general weakness. I've been checking online but haven't found anything that matches my symptoms. Does this sound like any kind of familiar condition to anyone?
I have no idea if this post is serious because of how it could be taken, but that is not the way you post. I suggest that don't ask us, call your physician's on call number if you have one.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
You probably have all 129 conditions listed here: http://symptomchecker.webmd.com/multiple-symptoms?symptoms=bad-taste-in-mouth|dizziness|headache|nausea-or-vomiting&symptomids=438|81|115|156&locations=7|2|2|22

They'll cancel each other out and you'll be fine.
222px-Dr_Nick.png

Seriously though, diagnosing yourself on the internet never ends well. Try to distract yourself with something and see if the symptoms go away - if not, seek medical attention. Hope ya feel better, man.

Reaction Score
ER. Just go. Your symptoms would scare me, and - seriously - I don't scare easily.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

You need an emergency room or a doctor, not Google or the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
go see a doctor. last place i'd come for medical advice is the boneyard..some people on here prematurely diagnosed KO w shaky recruiting syndrome ;)

Reaction Score
Other than the nausea sounds a little like low blood sugar. But see a doc. Please.

Reaction Score
As a former Navy corpsman, I wouldn't do anything except go to the E.R. or your doctor as soon as possible. I'm sure they'll run some blood work even before they conjecture.

Reaction Score
The message is consistent: go see your doctor and if you can't get in go to a walk in clinic or the ER immediately. Don't wait, do it now!!!

Reaction Score
My wife is a nurse and says blood can give you that metallic taste (from an internal bleed)

FWIW....
Yeah, sounds blood related. These are also some symptoms associated with certain antibiotics, so if you've started any recently its possible your body is just reacting to them.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
If you can't be convinced to go to the ER, your insurance company likely has an 800 number that connects you to a nurse practitioner 24/7.

Reaction Score

jesus dude, go to the ER, not ask a bunch of retreads.

Reaction Score
I really hope your problem is resolved by this time, but the only thing to add is that many times even the basketball advice on this board can be spotty so if it's more serious than poison ivy go to real doctors.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The irony of asking for medical advice on a site called the Boneyard is fantastic.

If no one else has mentioned it yet, see a doctor. Quickly.

Yup. As I understand it, the hospital the boneyard raised money for in Calhoun's name balked at any mention it was donated by the boneyard. Reasonable people thought it might be in poor taste.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yup. As I understand it, the hospital the boneyard raised money for in Calhoun's name balked at any mention it was donated by the boneyard. Reasonable people thought it might be in poor taste.

Understandable. I'll send them my address so they can send me the check back.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Has anyone recently stayed at a Holiday Inn Express? Anybody!?!?

Seriously JJ, talk to a doctor. We can't even agree on things UConn, nevermind giving medical advice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom