OT: Maryland offering lifetime scholarships | The Boneyard

OT: Maryland offering lifetime scholarships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...-offer-lifetime-scholarships-for-all-athletes

Maryland joined the growing list of schools to offer guaranteed scholarships on Tuesday with the announcement of "The Maryland Way Guarantee."

What is different about the program at Maryland is that the lifetime scholarship will be ofered to all athletes, not just those in the major revenue sports. Other schools are moving towards guaranteed scholarships for men's basketball and football, but the Terps are one of the first athletic departments to do so across all sports.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...-offer-lifetime-scholarships-for-all-athletes

Maryland joined the growing list of schools to offer guaranteed scholarships on Tuesday with the announcement of "The Maryland Way Guarantee."

What is different about the program at Maryland is that the lifetime scholarship will be ofered to all athletes, not just those in the major revenue sports. Other schools are moving towards guaranteed scholarships for men's basketball and football, but the Terps are one of the first athletic departments to do so across all sports.
I kind of like that the inevitable bidding war will accrue to the benefit of the student athletes. I also am glad that isn't who can hand these kids a bigger bag of cash, although I think that's where things will end up.

Reaction Score
I think that we will definitely start to see the P5 hand out more perks to their student athletes. This is a very good idea though, sometimes life gets in the way of school, and it's nice to have an option like this, it's almost like the GI bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom