OT: Marshawn Lynch's Media Day | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Marshawn Lynch's Media Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ESPN is enjoying this it is getting a lot of attention, its being talked about on first take, and all the ESPN shows, I'm sure it will make national news, so no matter what the media will not be suffering trust me.

Believe me I think Lynch has been taking classes with Professor Sherman. The Art of Self Promotion 101.

Reaction Score
No, he's not.

"I'm just here so I won't get fined" for 5 minutes is not an answer. It's a childish response to professional duty.

You know what else is childish? Grown men and women gossiping about other grown ups playing a kid's game.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
They are called media obligations for a reason. The reason is that the media drives the interest in the product which leads to higher attendance, bigger TV contracts, and bigger salaries. It's all part of the gig. It's part of his JOB.

Still not connecting how the media can't do all of this with limited access to player questions.

Reaction Score
Believe me I think Lynch has been taking classes with Professor Sherman. The Art of Self Promotion 101.

If you get it done on the field I don't care, if you don't get it done on the field then I have a problem with you being a dick. You can get away with being a dick if your good, and the Pats are no different then the Seahawks, you think they drafted Hernandez because he's one humble gracious guy.

Reaction Score
You know what else is childish? Grown men and women gossiping about other grown ups playing a kid's game.

Gossip? That's a stretch. Nobody is spreading rumors about his private affairs. We're talking about public interviews that he is contractually obligated to conduct.

Comparing that to gossip is just stupid.

Reaction Score
Again though, we're talking specially about the interviews.

People wouldn't write about the games, people wouldn't talk about the games, people wouldn't watch the games if not for these player interviews?

The media can still do what it does without the generic quotes they get from sticking mics in guys faces and asking the same dumb questions every week.

I agree with you, but regardless of all of that, he's contractually obligated to perform them. If he had just given generic, boring quotes, they'd stop. His act gathers more attention, and that's why he continues to do it.

Reaction Score
Stupid topic. Who cares. Does Marshawn Lynch tell you how to do your job? No.

Reaction Score
Gossip? That's a stretch. Nobody is spreading rumors about his private affairs. We're talking about public interviews that he is contractually obligated to conduct.

Comparing that to gossip is just stupid.

Gossip: "casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details that are not confirmed as being true."

Not seeing anything about private affairs here.

Reaction Score
This place makes it very difficult not to hurl insults at people.

"typically involving details that are not confirmed as being true" = "private affairs". Because public information can be confirmed.

Virtually every day people who can't do my job tell me how to do my job. It's a part of my profession, and I handle it like a professional.

You know what's childish? Getting involved in a conversation about a topic that you think is "stupid".

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There will come a time where Lynch is dying for someone to hold a microphone in front of him.

Reaction Score
Just another Jack- in a world of Jack-azzes. Kids game played by overly indulged, spoiled brats. His yards, dreadlocks and cool glasses mean nothing. Anybody remember Eric Dickerson? Does anybody really care? Once the muscles and speed fade, all there is left is good character and these guys have none. Enjoy Marshawn. Soon you'll fade into irrelevancy.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Just another Jack- in a world of Jack-azzes. Kids game played by overly indulged, spoiled brats. His yards, dreadlocks and cool glasses mean nothing. Anybody remember Eric Dickerson? Does anybody really care? Once the muscles and speed fade, all there is left is good character and these guys have none. Enjoy Marshawn. Soon you'll fade into irrelevancy.

why the hate? he's entertaining. don't you get tired of all the same answers at media days?

Reaction Score
why the hate? he's entertaining. don't you get tired of all the same answers at media days?

What some see as entertaining others see as being a douchenozzle. All in the eye of the beholder.

I personally am on the douchenozzle side, so it's not surprising that you find him entertaining.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
its spreading to the NBA

I think Edsall would be proud.

Reaction Score
I remember Dickerson very well, one of the greatest running backs ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom