OT: Marshawn Lynch's Media Day | The Boneyard

OT: Marshawn Lynch's Media Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
If you haven't been following, he's hilarious.

Reaction Score
I think the media should boycott Lynch. Without the media there is no NFL and no Marshawn Lynch. So it's hilarious when these guys decry the media and all the attention it brings to them. There are plenty of semi pro leagues around that would gladly take Marshawn Lynch and pay him less than $50k per year.

Reaction Score
If he is getting 1,500 yards a year I don't give a damn if it he talks or doesn't talk to the media.

Reaction Score
At first I believed everyone when they said "Lynch doesn't like interviews and whatnot", but after the stunts he's pulled this year, there's no doubt in my mind he's just doing it to get attention.

Reaction Score
NFL should suspend Lynch - stipulate that he work in some menial factory job for a year - then see if he comes to appreciate the opportunity he currently has.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Did you guys not get your fill of "We have a lot of respect for the Pats, we're working hard and concentrating on the game?"

I think Lynch just doesn't want to do deal with answering redundant questions and give generic answers.

Do we really think if people didn't talk to the media that people wouldn't watch the games by the millions on TV?

Huge leap of faith from playing semi pro ball.

Not to mention sports writers are some of the most sanctimonious people on the planet.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
NFL should suspend Lynch - stipulate that he work in some menial factory job for a year - then see if he comes to appreciate the opportunity he currently has.

Thats a bit of an overreaction there, suspend him for not answering questions lol, some people are just camera shy, go ask Richard Sherman or Russell Wilson questions.

Reaction Score
He's not camera shy, he loves the attention he's getting.

Reaction Score
Exactly. So why don't the crybaby journalists just avoid his station at media day? Why give him what he wants?

2 of the top 3 videos on youtube have over 1,000,000 views, and the 3rd (from yesterday) is nearly to 500,000.

People are watching to see what antics he'll pull, they have to cover him. I'm not passing judgement on whether or not they are crybabies, etc. But I think they want him to act like an adult, and are probably upset they have to cover this nonsense, since most of them probably consider themselves professionals and would like him to act like one as well.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=marshawn+lynch+interview

Reaction Score
Well he is answering the questions just with the same answers lol.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't think he wants the attention at all.

I honestly think he finds it stupid and just doesn't want to be bothered by it.

Reaction Score
I don't think he wants the attention at all.

I honestly think he finds it stupid and just doesn't want to be bothered by it.

He doesn't seem to mind the 7 figure paychecks he cashes. This is part of his job requirement. He finds it stupid yet the media and all the attention he gets is why he is able to cash those 7 figure paychecks.

Reaction Score
He doesn't seem to mind the 7 figure paychecks he cashes. This is part of his job requirement. He finds it stupid yet the media and all the attention he gets is why he is able to cash those 7 figure paychecks.

Well he is answering the questions being asked right.

Reaction Score
Well he is answering the questions being asked right.
No, he's not.

"I'm just here so I won't get fined" for 5 minutes is not an answer. It's a childish response to professional duty.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Do you really think if these reporters weren't asking these questions there would be no NFL?

People would still watch the game and people would still watch the studio shows. I don't think people care one bit about the player interviews.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I was talking to a friend of mine and we think he gets an endorsement deal out of this.

Reaction Score
Do you really think if these reporters weren't asking these questions there would be no NFL?

People would still watch the game and people would still watch the studio shows. I don't think people care one bit about the player interviews.

It's the fans' obsessive nature with getting as much information as quickly as they can that allows guys like Lynch to make millions. Without the media exposure there are no multi billion dollar TV deals and without the multi billion dollar TV deals there is no 7 figure paycheck for Marshawn Lynch.

All of this attention is part of the territory and part of his JOB. If he thinks it's stupid he can go work in a cubicle or a grocery store.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's the fans' obsessive nature with getting as much information as quickly as they can that allows guys like Lynch to make millions. Without the media exposure there are no multi billion dollar TV deals and without the multi billion dollar TV deals there is no 7 figure paycheck for Marshawn Lynch.

All of this attention is part of the territory and part of his JOB. If he thinks it's stupid he can go work in a cubicle or a grocery store.

Again though, we're talking specially about the interviews.

People wouldn't write about the games, people wouldn't talk about the games, people wouldn't watch the games if not for these player interviews?

The media can still do what it does without the generic quotes they get from sticking mics in guys faces and asking the same dumb questions every week.

Reaction Score
Again though, we're talking specially about the interviews.

People wouldn't write about the games, people wouldn't talk about the games, people wouldn't watch the games if not for these player interviews?

The media can still do what it does without the generic quotes they get from sticking mics in guys faces and asking the same dumb questions every week.

They are called media obligations for a reason. The reason is that the media drives the interest in the product which leads to higher attendance, bigger TV contracts, and bigger salaries. It's all part of the gig. It's part of his JOB.

Reaction Score
They are called media obligations for a reason. The reason is that the media drives the interest in the product which leads to higher attendance, bigger TV contracts, and bigger salaries. It's all part of the gig. It's part of his JOB.

Hey he's just there so he dont get fined.

Reaction Score
ESPN is enjoying this it is getting a lot of attention, its being talked about on first take, and all the ESPN shows, I'm sure it will make national news, so no matter what the media will not be suffering trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom