OT: LLWS | The Boneyard

OT: LLWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tomorrow is going to be interesting. Mo'ne Davis is on the cover of SI this week (she wants to play point guard at UConn and was wearing a UConn hoodie after her last game, so hey, I'm on board) and has obviously been hyped up quite a bit. The team she is facing (Las Vegas) has been hitting the tar out of the ball and is probably the best team there by a significant margin. The team from Chicago might be the second best team there and they beat them 13-2 in four innings.

I say it'll be interesting, since there's probably a very good chance that Las Vegas will mash the ball again like they do to everyone - which will cause the inevitable backlash from the depths of Twitter and comments sections, even though these are 12-13 year olds. My cursory browsing and scrolling seems to indicate that the SI cover has pushed some of the fringe elements to the edge. Sociologists could maybe get their scratch pads ready - the internet could be a giant laboratory. Or maybe she could Chris Drury them (I watched that game and admit I was really into it) and the fringe elements will stay on the fringe.

This particular swell of hype makes me wonder if the LLWS puts kids under a national spotlight at too young an age with all the ESPN coverage (but then again, they show the spelling bee too).

Reaction Score
I'm really pulling for Chicago and the Great Lakes. They just are the bomb! It's amazing to me how well they play as a team. And they can hit!

Reaction Score
Vegas has some flat out baseball players/hitters. I think if they faced a real good pitcher from one of the winning countries they would still hit. The other teams who seem to hit have bigger kids who overpower some less than solid pitching but who knows who will win this. But it is fun to watch. The speech by the Cumberland RI was perfect!! This is baseball in its purist………no testing yet!:eek:

Reaction Score
If Chicago can get into the later innings with a lead, their closer is a beast. He was running it up there at 77 mph (equivalent of 100 mph from MLB mound distance)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Vegas has some flat out baseball players/hitters. I think if they faced a real good pitcher from one of the winning countries they would still hit. The other teams who seem to hit have bigger kids who overpower some less than solid pitching but who knows who will win this. But it is fun to watch. The speech by the Cumberland RI was perfect!! This is baseball in its purist………no testing yet!:eek:

They need to collect some piss from that 6'4 250 lb kid* from the Dominican.

*I don't know the actual stats, but he's big.

Reaction Score
They need to collect some piss from that 6'4 250 lb kid* from the Dominican.

*I don't know the actual stats, but he's big.

Here's an awesome photo of Erick Figueroa with Ruy Martinez. Supposedly they are both 13. Also the little one went 3-3 with a home run to straight away center.

BvV4_7cCIAAinX7.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Here's an awesome photo of Erick Figueroa with Ruy Martinez. Supposedly they are both 13. Also the little one went 3-3 with a home run to straight away center.

BvV4_7cCIAAinX7.jpg

One has been living on a diet of rice and beans. The other on a healthy dose of PEDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom