OT - Kris Dunn is returning to Providence | The Boneyard

OT - Kris Dunn is returning to Providence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is easily the most surprising decision of the entry period, IMO. He was a first round lock by all accounts, and I think there is a good chance he would have worked his way into the lottery - he's the sort of player that destroys the combine and suddenly he's being picked ten slots ahead of where he was projected.

Here is a kid with an injury-riddled history, who already 21, consciously passing up millions of dollars and potentially financial security for life. I hope it works out for him.

Meanwhile, Dunn's probably my favorite for national player of the year and Providence should be a national factor next year. As a college basketball fan this is a good day.

Reaction Score
Not a good decision for him, but good for Providence.

We have a Final Four roster heading into next season. But Dunn should be on the roster, too. Calhoun and Nolan better execute well in their roles this season.

Reaction Score
not really sure what he is thinking, looks like cooley did some magic/pulled the wool over his eyes. Dunn is a lock for a first round pick this year, he should have left. not getting any better in school, his stock will most likely drop.

Reaction Score
not really sure what he is thinking, looks like cooley did some magic/pulled the wool over his eyes. Dunn is a lock for a first round pick this year, he should have left. not getting any better in school, his stock will most likely drop.
This is also a risky because of his injury history. If he gets injured again next season it will throw up a giant red flag about his durability.

Reaction Score

Commendable decision, if that is the case. Not many kids are able to tune out that kind of noise.

Reaction Score
Good for him. I literally have not seen a second of PC basketball since UConn left the Big East, so I've never seen the kid play in college, but I respect any kid who's going to make the tough call that he thinks is best for him.
UConn didn't leave the Big East. The Catholic schools left, and bought the name for their new league.

Reaction Score

Correct me if I am wrong here. Providence loses 3 of their top 4 scorers. Dunn shot 35% from downtown. 68% from the line. He turned it over 138 times mitigating his 7,5 asst per game to a degree. Still he is projected borderline lotto pick because his game translates very well to the next level. I don't follow Providence recruiting closely but is there 1 guy ranked in the Top 75 anywhere in the 2015 class? I respect his decision if he truly loves the Providence College experience which all of us only get once in out lives. Having said that this isn't objectively the best business decision. He can always get his degree down the road. Despite insurance...risk of injury is very real especially with the minutes he will be logging at Providence next year in order for them to play in the dreaded 8/9 game if they are LUCKY.

I don't know how you can root against him though. Dunn is unique and paving his own path to what he hopes is a great future in the NBA. Gotta wish him well.

Reaction Score
Wiltjer will feast on the sisters of the poor in 2015-16. When the time comes for him to make the big shot in the tourney he will pull the usual Zag choke shot like he did against Duke when it mattered most. Wiltjer will be hyped and put up #'s. Unless Gonzaga picks up a 5th year or a big recruit both BYU and Pepperdine will challenge them next year. IF anything happens to Sabonis they are done. That kid is 10 times the player Wiltjer is... and is projected top 20 in 2016 draft express. Sabonis should be getting the love.

As for Dunn...it will be hard for a bubble team to have a POY. Although I think they get in.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Jesus what a risk. I hope it works out for the kid.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
With his injury record it is crazy
I am a huge anti PC person BUT you gotta give the young man credit for making this very hard decision.
Still want to see PC crash and burn

Reaction Score
I respect his decision if he truly loves the Providence College experience which all of us only get once in out lives.

I don't know how you can root against him though. Dunn is unique and paving his own path to what he hopes is a great future in the NBA. Gotta wish him well.

Plus he gets his pick of those awesome RI -sweet - just bring a razor.

Realistically I wish him all the best, hope PC goes far, and he ends up a top ten pick next year. Why not? Stay true to your school.

Maybe its a UConn/PC East final in the garden (?)

Reaction Score
This is PC biggest win in 18 years.

Too bad he came back to play for a team going nowhere

caw

Reaction Score
This is PC biggest win in 18 years.

Too bad he came back to play for a team going nowhere

They seem to think they are an elite eight team...I'm not sure how good they can be. They need a lot of players to improve quite a bit to fill the holes left by Henton, Harris and Desrosiers.

They have good length and a good defense but aside from Dunn I'm not sure who you can give the ball and say "go get me some points." Henton and to some extent Harris could do that last year. They really like the kid who sat out, Bullock? but he's basically an unknown in college games. Lindsey could finally show the ability to dribble I guess, but I have yet to see it. Seems like maybe a round of 32 team. Reminds me a bit of Cinci teams with one scorer and a bunch of defenders/rebounders.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The few times I saw them the last two years I thought Henton was their real clutch player. Cotton played out of his mind his last year. Dunn will be dealing with what Boat had to do this year.

caw

Reaction Score
The few times I saw them the last two years I thought Henton was their real clutch player. Cotton played out of his mind his last year. Dunn will be dealing with what Boat had to do this year.

Lindsey, Bentil and Chukwu is a good frontcourt. They appear to have a gaping hole at the two spot though unless Bullock? is good, or they shift Lindsey to the two and Fazekas is better than expected. Overall I agree though. Dunn has to cut down on TOs and improve his shot to have a Kemba/Napier type season.

Reaction Score
If you can get first round NBA money I think you take it. Dunn's father sems to have a good head on his shoulders but the kid is taking a huge chance.

Reaction Score
The kid is taking a chance. Love his reasoning think its great for him, his family and PC. But injury history is scary - hope it works out best for him I really do!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
good for PC, wouldn't mind seeing them play in the 2nd weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads