OT: Kansas in the NBA | The Boneyard

OT: Kansas in the NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Trying to think: Who's the best NBA player out of Kansas in recent years? Paul Pierce came out in '98 I think, so that's 15 years. Best I can come up with is Mario Chalmers. Drew Gooden? Am I forgetting anyone?

Reaction Score
Hinrich is shot but I would give him the nod over Chalmers for his entire career's work. Gooden had a stretch where he put up ok numbers but he never really had a positive effect on a game. Collinson and Arthur are ideal back up bigs, I think Arthur has the potential to be more than that but injuries have really hurt him the past year and a half. Not really a fan of the Morris twins, they're role players at best. Henry has been a bust but I expected that, he couldn't put the ball on the floor in college and only shot jumpers.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Hinrich is shot but I would give him the nod over Chalmers for his entire career's work. Gooden had a stretch where he put up ok numbers but he never really had a positive effect on a game. Collinson and Arthur are ideal back up bigs, I think Arthur has the potential to be more than that but injuries have really hurt him the past year and a half. Not really a fan of the Morris twins, they're role players at best. Henry has been a bust but I expected that, he couldn't put the ball on the floor in college and only shot jumpers.
All in all a pretty weak haul for a top college program, one that is in the Final Four pretty regularly.

Reaction Score
forgot to add Brandon Rush, a role player who now is out for the year after blowing his knee out pretty badly, and Cole Aldrich, who has been a bum. yea, like you said not a whole lot there.

Reaction Score
HInrich was never really too good, I've been watching him here in Chicago for years, he was always the definition of mediocre, now he is just terrible. Somehow he got a huge contract years ago from the Bulls.

Reaction Score
Nick Collison isn't going to set the world on fire, but if I'm building a team, I want this guy on it. He just makes all the right plays and is the perfect role/team player. In fact, some statistical metric a couple years ago rated him as a top 10 player in the NBA. Now obviously that's far from the case, but he's a heady player who plays great post defense and can more than hold his own on the offensive end without having any plays drawn up for him.

When watching the Thunder, most people are too busy ogling at Durant and Westbrook (and understandably so), but I'm always impressed with Nick Collison's play off the bench.

Reaction Score
There is also Thomas Robinson and josh Selby. Ben mcelemore is the best nba prospect they have had since pierce probably.

Reaction Score
There is also Thomas Robinson and josh Selby. Ben mcelemore is the best nba prospect they have had since pierce probably.
Ben McLemore is a beast. Will be a top 10 pick most likely.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
All in all, pretty similar to Indiana under Knight. I was at KU in the Williams era and they made two finals fours. Ostertag and Rex Walters. Jacque Vaughn was a hell of a player who arrived at the end of my time there. But on the whole I always got the feeling that Roy recruited basketball players and JC recruited athletes that he could turn into basketball players. Self is somewhere in between.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Reaction Score
Lot's of McD AA's from Roy to Self and really not much to show for it considering the #'s..........Hinrich is solid though can't underestimate his toughness..........not a huge impact frmo their very many good college bigs though!

Reaction Score
Thomas Robinson has been terrible. Last time I looked he was shooting under 40% coming off the bench, which is awful for a big man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton

Top Bottom