OT: It should be illegal... | The Boneyard

OT: It should be illegal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Haha, as you move further west, Ranch Dressing takes on more and more culinary importance!!! Here in CA they put it on EVERYTHING!!! I refer to it as the Official State Beverage of CA. I can't stand it!!!!

Reaction Score
I have know idea what Ranch Sauce is, but it has no place near Buffalo Wings. It gets lost next to the hot sauce and vinegar, they might as well just substitute a glass of milk.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
What does ranch dressing taste like? What is it supposed to taste like? I'd love to know.

Blue Cheese tastes like blue cheese.

Reaction Score
Good way to start off the day, this had me rolling.

You know what's even funnier sj is that CTB is at the market right now buying out the celery while all the girls are looking wondering why. They have no idea what they're in for.:oops:

Reaction Score
You know what's even funnier sj is that CTB is at the market right now buying out the celery while all the girls are looking wondering why. They have no idea what they're in for.:oops:

So this particular post has lost all of its fun huh?:eek:

Just a step over the line?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Ranch dressing is wicked vile.

Reaction Score
Haha, as you move further west, Ranch Dressing takes on more and more culinary importance!!! Here in CA they put it on EVERYTHING!!! I refer to it as the Official State Beverage of CA. I can't stand it!!!!

SoCalCanine, it makes sense that Ranch Dressing is prevalent here in SoCal and more widely in the southwest. The creator of the original recipe began commercial production in Hidden Valley, CA, located in southeastern Ventura County.

And, yes, as you probably guessed, the company was, and still is, named Hidden Valley.

IMO ranch dressing can be fantastic, especially when prepared with fresh ingredients, but I suspect the slop currently bottled by Hidden Valley (the company, not the place) and others differs greatly from the original recipe. In pursuit of a longer shelf-life and lower input costs…

In any event, I agree with the OP; Buffalo wings should only be served with blue cheese dressing (the chunkier, the better). Let’s call what you had Hidden Valley wings.

Ranch versus Blue Cheese?
Wow!
It really is the offseason, isn’t it?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I've taken the entire night to think about both dressings and have decided that I don't care.

They're darn near interchangeable.

On the celery/carrot debate, again, I don't care. I live in New York which must be the land 'o plenty because we get both with our wings.

Once we get to a consensus on beer, pizza and the appropriate dressing for wings, the Boneyard is going to turn its attention to peace in the Middle East and it's going to be glorious.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Once we get to a consensus on beer, pizza and the appropriate dressing for wings, the Boneyard is going to turn its attention to peace in the Middle East and it's going to be glorious.

Sure it will. Have you seen the Cesspool?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I've taken the entire night to think about both dressings and have decided that I don't care.

They're darn near interchangeable.

On the celery/carrot debate, again, I don't care. I live in New York which must be the land 'o plenty because we get both with our wings.

Buffalo chicken pizza (with bleu cheese) and ice cold root beer in a glass bottle.

Reaction Score
Years back, caught a wiff of ranch years, and since just that gave me a case of the
royal trots, I've avoided at all costs since.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Ranch dressing. Yikes.

It is indeed redneck ketchup.

I witnessed 3 300 plus lb women once order 2 large pizzas , a 2 liter Mountain Dew each and they had a big bottle of ranch dressing, I was intrigued on how the ranch came in to play so I paid attention. They would get down to the crust while eating the pizza and then dip the crust in ranch. Mad geniuses right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom