OT - Is Gene D ready for comeback? (Blaudschun) | The Boneyard

OT - Is Gene D ready for comeback? (Blaudschun)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
blauds 4:26pm via Mobile Web (M2)
UMass AD search might lead to former BC AD Gene DeFilippo
http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=11823

>>In the grand scope of college athletics, the search for a new athletic director for the University of Massachusetts is not a hot button topic.<<

>>There will be no shortage of candidates, although the UMass program is hardly a blue chip job. But one name keeps coming up in discussions which could provide more than a spark of interest: former Boston College athletic director Gene DeFilippo.<<

popcorn.jpg

I got tired of the stars and broad jump debates.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I have nothing against UMass, but please, oh please, let them hire him if only for the irony....

UMass football is at a critical stage. Life as an independent will not work. The preferred conference of choice is the American Athletic Conference...

I will renew my tickets for a thousand years if Warde lets me listen in on that call. I promise I won't scream, "WE WANNA BE THE NEW ENGLAND SCHOOL!" and then hit disconnect.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I have nothing against UMass, but please, oh please, let them hire him if only for the irony....

UMass football is at a critical stage. Life as an independent will not work. The preferred conference of choice is the American Athletic Conference...

I will renew my tickets for a thousand years if Warde lets me listen in on that call. I promise I won't scream, "WE WANNA BE THE NEW ENGLAND SCHOOL!" and then hit disconnect.
As much as I want to believe you I strongly doubt you could refrain from screaming that statement.

I can't see how any university could consider him for an AD position, never mind hire him, after his fiasco at BC.
But I wouldn't bet against it happening.

Reaction Score
Oh God, please no!!! Have they called Hathaway? Have they called Julie Hermann?

UMass should really break new ground here and have a team of ADs rather than just one. Imagine, Hathaway could put the torch to Rome and Flipper could play the fiddle.

Reaction Score

I will bet that his Resume states, emphatically, that he was personally responsible for vanquishing the UCONN athletic juggernaut and getting BC into the ACC.

As much as I hate the idea of lawsuits, I would have paid money to watch the worm squirm while explaining, under oath, his ESPN related remarks post PITT and CUSE going to the ACC. And. I still kind of half-expect the nut job to show up in Storrs wearing an explosive vest or driving a van full of fertilizer. His reaction to the lawsuit was over-the-top irrational. His hate for UCONN borders on lunacy.

Reaction Score
DeFILIPPO NOT A CANDIDATE — >>Former Boston College athletic director Gene DeFilippo squashed rumors that he’s a candidate for UMass’ vacancy. The Northampton native said he hadn’t heard from UMass and wouldn’t be interested. “I’m not interested in being an athletic director again,” said DeFilippo Thursday. He retired from Boston College in 2012.<<

But... >>Sources familiar with UMass’ search said Kennesaw State athletic director Vaughn Williams is someone the search committee is interested in to fill the school’s vacancy. The New Jersey native played football at UMass, where he graduated with a sport management degree in 1992. He earned his master’s degree from Boston College and spent 61/2 years as UConn’s associate athletic director where he worked in “strategic planning, facility master planning, and policy and procedure improvement and was the chair of the University of Connecticut’s Sportsmanship/Fan Environment Initiative Committee,” according to his Kennesaw bio<<

Reaction Score
DeFILIPPO NOT A CANDIDATE — >>Former Boston College athletic director Gene DeFilippo squashed rumors that he’s a candidate for UMass’ vacancy. The Northampton native said he hadn’t heard from UMass and wouldn’t be interested. “I’m not interested in being an athletic director again,” said DeFilippo Thursday. He retired from Boston College in 2012.<<

But... >>Sources familiar with UMass’ search said Kennesaw State athletic director Vaughn Williams is someone the search committee is interested in to fill the school’s vacancy. The New Jersey native played football at UMass, where he graduated with a sport management degree in 1992. He earned his master’s degree from Boston College and spent 61/2 years as UConn’s associate athletic director where he worked in “strategic planning, facility master planning, and policy and procedure improvement and was the chair of the University of Connecticut’s Sportsmanship/Fan Environment Initiative Committee,” according to his Kennesaw bio<<

If you can't hire Hathaway, go get you one of his Minions ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom