OT: If you haven't seen it...Odell Beckham | The Boneyard

OT: If you haven't seen it...Odell Beckham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
In my opinion, the best catch I've ever seen was the David Tyree catch against the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

At some point in the first half of our debacle, Odell Beckham changed that. Despite being interfered with and having to throw himself backwards, he somehow managed to catch a touchdown pass with three fingers.

You can't do this.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Switched over to the Giants game immediately and they have shown that a few times. Wow.

Reaction Score
It was unreal, full extension caught with three fingers as he's falling backwards because he was interfered with. He's quickly become one of the best receivers in the NFL.

Reaction Score
Fishy said:
In my opinion, the best catch I've ever seen was the David Tyree catch against the Patriots in the Super Bowl. At some point in the first half of our debacle, Odell Beckham changed that. Despite being interfered with and having to throw himself backwards, he somehow managed to catch a touchdown pass with three fingers. You can't do this. YouTube Video

C'mon. This is a UConn board. Kashif Moore had the best catch ever, given the stakes. The Super Bowl is so unimportant they can't even find a sponsor for it.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
He's GOT to have some kind of illegal substance on those gloves. Like the stuff that teaches stickum how to be sticky.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
C'mon. This is a UConn board. Kashif Moore had the best catch ever, given the stakes. The Super Bowl is so unimportant they can't even find a sponsor for it.

Odell Beckham could have made that catch with his eyes closed while being chop-blocked.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I had two televisions going at the time and I forgot the UConn was going on for a few minutes during the review.

The funny thing was that they had a montage of Odell's warmup catches before that catch happened - his warmups catches are world-class.

He just doesn't need that extra arm to play football.

Reaction Score
nomar said:
Odell Beckham could have made that catch with his eyes closed while being chop-blocked.

But could he do it in a Papa John's Bowl? Big-time pressure changes things, remember.

Of course, Fishy didn't specify that "best catch" only meant football. If not, then this UConn catch vs. South Carolina is even better!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I thought that flag was fot the catch being so great that it was illegal

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I had two televisions going at the time and I forgot the UConn was going on for a few minutes during the review.

The funny thing was that they had a montage of Odell's warmup catches before that catch happened - his warmups catches are world-class.

He did it in college too. Here's Odell nonchalantly one handing a kickoff against Georgia.

https://vine.co/v/h6HwXrBIATj

Reaction Score
He's GOT to have some kind of illegal substance on those gloves. Like the stuff that teaches stickum how to be sticky.

They all wear the gloves but they all can't do that - that was out of this world stuff!

Reaction Score
I've always thought Aaron Dobson's one handed catch while he was at Marshall was the best I've seen. Mainly because he back handed it making it even more difficult.

Reaction Score
My favorite football play of all time was during my freshman year at UConn. A UConn player was breaking off a 71 yard run for a touchdown and one of the Morgan State assistant coaches ran onto the field and tackled him. It just doesn't get any better than that... ever.

Reaction Score
Beckham's catch was THE best of the 3 (out of his, Dobson's, and Kash's) IMO... if ou go slow mo in reverse it was like he caught the ball as if he was throwing it... that was dope...

Reaction Score
Surprised dobson hasn't been successful in the NFL with Pats. Seems like a stud physical athlete;

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Surprised dobson hasn't been successful in the NFL with Pats. Seems like a stud physical athlete;
He's a stud, physical gimp.

Reaction Score

If you hadn't posted this video I would be in awe and thought perhaps some luck was involved. However this video proves how valuable practicing and repeatedly catching with one hand means. His prime time catch was certainly all skill and no luck.

Kids should watch the catch first become in awed and think it was a fluke. Then follow-up with this video to show it wasn't a fluke or lucky catch he was prepared for this, and executed the catch 'as planned'.

Lesson taught. I respect that!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Injuries. Hasn't been able to stay on the field. Off season surgery on his foot -> had to start camp on the pup. If you are a young receiver in the Pats system, you can't miss the offseason.

Reaction Score
ktuck911 said:
Beckham's catch was THE best of the 3 (out of his, Dobson's, and Kash's) IMO... if ou go slow mo in reverse it was like he caught the ball as if he was throwing it... that was dope...

Oh there's no question it was a better catch than Kash's - I just threw that in there for fun.

But keep in mind with Springer's that the bases were loaded and he had a bad hammy.

Reaction Score
Steiner Sports already has a signed picture of the catch for $99, what took so long?

Reaction Score

Hey, a time when our football team was good. That was fun. :(

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
It was a ridiculous catch and the kid is a really special talent. But BEST CATCH EVER?! No.
Honestly, people have been making catches like this for years. But now the NFL is as popular as it's ever been and we live in the social media age where we can replay everything instantly and hype it up on media platforms.
Combine that with a prime-time game among rival teams, and you get people saying its the best EVER. Special talent and special play?! Yes. BEST EVER?! No, that's blasphemy.

Again, people have been making catches like this for years:

Reaction Score
It was a ridiculous catch and the kid is a really special talent. But BEST CATCH EVER?! No.
Honestly, people have been making catches like this for years. But now the NFL is as popular as it's ever been and we live in the social media age where we can replay everything instantly and hype it up on media platforms.
Combine that with a prime-time game among rival teams, and you get people saying its the best EVER. Special talent and special play?! Yes. BEST EVER?! No, that's blasphemy.

Again, people have been making catches like this for years:

That wasn't a bad one either, but not as good as Beckhams. There may be others but not many!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom