OT: I want to say one word to you. Just one word. 'Graphene.' | The Boneyard

OT: I want to say one word to you. Just one word. 'Graphene.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
"Besides being the hardest substance in the world -- 300 times stronger than steel -- graphene has all sorts of other noteworthy qualities. It is also the thinnest object ever obtained by man -- measuring just one atom thick -- and the lightest. It is made of a 2D crystal and looks a bit like scotch tape, only infinitely thinner. Graphene is also transparent, bendable, and a far better conductor than copper."

I had never heard of this stuff. IBM and all the biggies are working with it.

Very interesting (to me at least)....

LINK

LINK 2

plastics.jpg

Last edited:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Probably then the stuff making up those three #33 players --Meghan, Jamelle, and Shea -- that Geno mentioned in the interview as being an amazingly tough breed of UConn players. Who knew? Barb Turner was also in that #33 group, and I always thought she was pretty tough even with the injuries and all.

Last edited:

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Graphene is cool and all but... I want to say one word to you. Just one word. 'Transparent Aluminum.'

YOPB

Reaction Score
Kelly "Graphene" Faris is Superman in disguise!

64 TO GO

Reaction Score
There is a prize that awards the goofiest, out-of-the-box, cheap-sounding science of the year, a little bit like the "Razzie" award for bad movies. Graphene, which was originally made in a process that involves sticking Scotch tape to normal graphite, won this prize. The same research also won a Nobel Prize. It is the only scientific discovery to win both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom