OT: I recently ... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: I recently ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
chip said:
Is Boone's Farm still 99cents a bottle? 1970 deja' vu.

Nope. Runs about $3 to $4.50 depending on the class and location of the package store. Don't ask me how I know.

My friends liked the apple wine. I was partial to Strawberry Hill. Teens drinking cheap wine and driving. It is a wonder we survived. Not to say I did it often...I didn't. But often enough that I realize now how lucky me, my friends and other drivers were. Then again, I was a teen in Nebraska. How much damage could we do? Seriously...I was very stupid and very lucky. My sister was dumber though. As the older sister of legal age (18 at the time) and regularly in trouble she set out to get her "little miss perfect" sister in trouble by buying some Boones Farm for me and my friends then promptly coming home and telling Mom what she did and about what her "precious perfect" daughter was doing. Mom was not pleased. And the two week grounding and loss of car keys was tough to take. My sister still hasn't forgiven me.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
it's just a cartoon...and I am a grown up now...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
elzorrogris said:
If you don't see my point, go back and read The Jungle Books again and then watch the Disney version.

If your point is that Disney changed the story when he made his movie, he's not the first to do this nor is he the last.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If you don't see my point, go back and read The Jungle Books again and then watch the Disney version.
Why would I waste my time reading the book, when I could watch the movie? People who spend hours, days by themselves reading a book when they can watch a movie with friends/family in a couple of hours are just self gratifying narcissists.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
meyers7 said:
Why would I waste my time reading the book, when I could watch the movie? People who spend hours, days by themselves reading a book when they can watch a movie with friends/family in a couple of hours are just self gratifying narcissists.

seriously?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If your point is that Disney changed the story when he made his movie, he's not the first to do this nor is he the last.

I don't know why he changed the ending of Snow White.

I think kids in 1937 were ready to see a movie where the evil queen actually tries to kill Snow White three times, asks for her lungs and liver to be delivered to her and is ultimately forced to dance in molten hot iron shoes until she dies.

I guess we will have to wait for the Michael Bay reboot.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
I don't know why he changed the ending of Snow White.

I think kids in 1937 were ready to see a movie where the evil queen actually tries to kill Snow White three times, asks for her lungs and liver to be delivered to her and is ultimately forced to dance in molten hot iron shoes until she dies.

I guess we will have to wait for the Michael Bay reboot.

Many the Grimms fairy tales were pretty gruesome. For example Cinderella stepsisters each cut off a part of her foot and forced the maimed foot into the glass slipper only to be found out and rejected. Additionally they got their eyes picked up by Cinderella's Birds. you see this in Sondheim's "into the woods" but in Disney's Cinderella you do not

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but I have to speak up... I think people step way, wayyy over the line in taking the side of Bambi's mother! Here's an excerpt from a film study I did once upon way back:
Bambi.JPG

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Many the Grimms fairy tales were pretty gruesome. For example Cinderella stepsisters each cut off a part of her foot and forced the maimed foot into the glass slipper only to be found out and rejected. Additionally they got their eyes picked up by Cinderella's Birds. you see this in Sondheim's "into the woods" but in Disney's Cinderella you do not

In retrospect, allowing German curation of fairy tales was probably a poor idea.

(Joking aside, they were never meant for children.)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
RL. Maybe you shouldn't watch this. From the late 60's.

Actually saw that one on the silver screen, back when I worked at the "Art Cinema" in college. Started me on my career in the motion picture exhibition business, although the "Art Cinema" went from being an Art house to specializing in midnight shows (Rocky Horror especially), through mild to ultimately XXX stuff (I was gone by then, but still lived nearby). Then it was torn down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom