OT: I Never Promised You A Rose Garden - RIP Lynn Anderson | The Boneyard

OT: I Never Promised You A Rose Garden - RIP Lynn Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lynn Anderson, one of the biggest success stories of Seventies country music, died Thursday of a heart attack in her adopted hometown of Nashville. She was 67.

The 1971 CMA Female Vocalist of the Year, Anderson charted a dozen Number One country hits, including "You're My Man," "Top of the World," "How Can I Unlove You" and "Rose Garden." Also commonly referred to as "(I Never Promised You a) Rose Garden," the Joe South-penned song was Anderson's first tune to cross over to the pop charts. It was a multi-week Number One in the U.S., along with several European countries, and its namesake album held the title of the best-selling country LP by a solo female artist from 1971 until Shania Twain broke its record in 1997.

"She did so much for the females in country music," Reba McEntire says of her late friend, "always continuing to pave the road for those to follow."

[LINK] to more

Reaction Score
Lynn Anderson, one of the biggest success stories of Seventies country music, died Thursday of a heart attack in her adopted hometown of Nashville. She was 67.

The 1971 CMA Female Vocalist of the Year, Anderson charted a dozen Number One country hits, including "You're My Man," "Top of the World," "How Can I Unlove You" and "Rose Garden." Also commonly referred to as "(I Never Promised You a) Rose Garden," the Joe South-penned song was Anderson's first tune to cross over to the pop charts. It was a multi-week Number One in the U.S., along with several European countries, and its namesake album held the title of the best-selling country LP by a solo female artist from 1971 until Shania Twain broke its record in 1997.

"She did so much for the females in country music," Reba McEntire says of her late friend, "always continuing to pave the road for those to follow."

[LINK] to more
No dis-respect intended, I like all of Lynn Anderson's songs--every time I need to spray the Japanese Beetles on my wife's roses I come away singing her ---I didn't promise you a rose garden.

Javaman thank you for the memories of Lynn Anderson.

Reaction Score
No dis-respect intended, I like all of Lynn Anderson's songs--every time I need to spray the Japanese Beetles on my wife's roses I come away singing her ---I didn't promise you a rose garden.

Javaman thank you for the memories of Lynn Anderson.
Hey ... I'd be hearing it EVERY DAY if JavaWoman could carry a tune! :eek:

Reaction Score
Used to see her sometimes at Quarter Horse shows. She was always kind and friendly to us country kids who were kinda in awe of her. This was in the early 70s.

Reaction Score
May she rest in peace.

She had a lovely voice. "How Can I Unlove You" is one of my favorite country songs.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
RIP. I think I had a crush on her way back in the day.

519KZEVbMTL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Reaction Score
I remember seeing her perform at a fair about 10-12 years ago. There were maybe 300 people in the audience but she treated it like a show in front of 30,000. She was in great voice and seemed to enjoy herself. I know we enjoyed her performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom